8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I don't know if anyone of you have experience with this but i purchased the "Spec-D® - Chrome Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs" recently and finished installing them. The LED halo is super weak and can barely be noticeable during the daytime. Regretting that I did not purchase the CCFL one.
Is there anyway I can make the halo ring brighter?
For example can I purchase a CCFL bulb or sticking led strip inside the halo rings?

·
Registered
797 Posts
should have done a proper retrofit and gotten xbaLEDS from TRS. However, how are you wiring the halos? More than likely you're wiring it to a non +12V source; hence the dim light. If you would like a custom built DRL relay harness let me know. It will run 100% like DRLs; on with car, off with low beams, off with car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the kind of cash to do a retrofit. Currently the wires for the halo is connected to my DRL fuse

·
Registered
797 Posts
That's your problem, DRL runs at 6~8V (i haven't checked) but that's why your halos are not running bright enough.

Are you running it to OEM high beam/DRL socket? or you actually have a wire running tot he DRL fuse #37?

If you tapped into the high beam socket, your halos will turn full power when u flash your highbeams.

Like I said, if you want a true DRL wiring harness for your halos, you can message me and I can build you one. The Halos will run at 100% +12V power when car is on, off with low beams, off with car. Or with a simple modification you can run Halos 100% +12V when car is on regardless of low beams. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you already run the wire through the firewall? Just tap into an accessory fuse, #34, or #8, and ground it to your low beam positive. Or, you could tap them into your parking light.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mistur pm me the coat for one.
Currently the setup is tapped into fuse #37 because I want the halo always on.
I previously tap it to the parking light but did not like how I had to turn the switch on for my halo to work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try moving it to fuse #34. This will supply 12V, and if it has no difference in brightness, its the halos that are crappy. Tapped to 34, it will turn on with the car, and tapping ground to low beam + relay harness will turn off the halos when low beams are switched on.

·
Registered
797 Posts
^that's an interesting way of shutting off DRLs with low beams; but personally I don't think it'll work, if you tapped it to low beam + you would be powering on your low beams through the halos... unless you diode isolate, that's with the assumption that your low beam + is at ground when inactive... which I doubt.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay I try using fuse #8 and the led did not get any brighter. Is there any other way to increase the brightness of my led?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to put a 35% tints on my head light and see will it make any brighter during the daytime. I feel like it doesn't look bright because of all the chrome

·
Registered
62 Posts
Like I said, if you want a true DRL wiring harness for your halos, you can message me and I can build you one.
MisturNICE will you share your wiring diagram or at least what components you used to make your wiring harness? I'm guessing you use a relay from a 12v source and activate the relay with the DRL circuit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MisturNICE will you share your wiring diagram or at least what components you used to make your wiring harness? I'm guessing you use a relay from a 12v source and activate the relay with the DRL circuit.
The relay kit won't help the brightness

1 - 19 of 19 Posts