8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to make a long story short i was driving home from school and all was going great...However, it was Halloween night and i just had to have some bad luck...Some old man decided that he would ignore a red light and ran head on into me...I was making a left turn and he tried beating the light from a far distance only to go head to head with me...My Si is basically half dead...It has the whole front end destroyed and it even has some motor damage im guessing due to the fluids leaking...Do you guys think i should replace my front end and hood with oem parts or should i try buying some goodies like CF hood ect...Or should i just total the car and buy something else???:coffee:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i would total it if its enough in damage. It will never drive the same again. Whos fault was that anyway. I always woundered who would be at fault in that situation.

·
Registered
374 Posts
if its really bad then total it dude RIP....but if not milk the insurance compay!!!...and mod your car up nice..

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
nayilsi said:
Another Si wreck!
This is just like any other car getting in a wreck. He wasn't racing or anything, it was not his fault. This is different from all the other guys like tight_si wrecking their cars because they cannot drive.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Sorry about your car, however I believe that the person going straight has the right of way over someone making a left turn. And since his light was red, yours must have been too (unless you had a green arrow, you didn't say). A car that has been in an accident will never drive the same. If I was you and had the option I'd want the car totaled and I would get a new Si.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Man what is with these Left turns??? I'm going out on a limb and say u were probably at fault as the old wrinkly guy had the right of way... be careful with left turns - they are the cause for most intersection accidents.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My Halloween wasn't quite as bad as yours, but bad none the less.

I went to Arby's during lunch break and saw a whole bunch of kids walking through the parking lot while I was ordering. (About 10 of them, none looked older than 12)

I came out to my car after ordering and noticed that one of them had taken it upon themselves to write "1100 Belmont" on my spoiler with a black permanent marker. All I had in my trunk was micro-fiber cloths and some Windex, so I hit it with that. You could still see it in the clearcoat, though. The next day I used some super fine rubbing compound on it and it came right out.

I'm guessing the meaning of it is the 1100 block of Belmont, which is in THE 'HOOD. They were all dressed in black and looked like they were up to no good. It would be a shame if one (or all) of them got hit by a semi that night...

Sorry about your wreck. If the totals add up, I would want it totaled. If they fix it, it will never be the same as it was beforehand.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just for the record, i had a green arrow, so it was a protected turn...Its just that the old man "didnt" see that it had turned red for him, therefore from his long distance i thought he would stop at the light since he was so far away...Im supposed to go look at the car today but man, i hate to see her like that...:mad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts