8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yes, it is. ;)

Tai
lol

You guys should def. pick up the bar, I <3 mine.

Tai, you guys should totally make a bar that braces across the rear suspension, kinda like ones that they make for the RSX. Im not sure what it is called exactly, but I would pick one up for sure, for sure lol

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
Tai, you guys should totally make a bar that braces across the rear suspension, kinda like ones that they make for the RSX. Im not sure what it is called exactly, but I would pick one up for sure, for sure lol
You don't have bolts at the top of the rear suspension on the 06+ civics -- sorry. We built this as a solution for that typical modification point.

Tai

·
Registered
555 Posts
To Add to this DIY

Hey all,

So I used this DIY and it worked just fine. I however took one of the steps out of the process to speed up the install time.

Instead of taking the rear carpet from the back of the car/trunk. I simply located the two holes on either side of the C-Pillar are with an Awl (pointed tip skew driver). I knew the bass area of the holes, so I squeezed that particular area, and then used the Awl to poke through the carpet. Once I had that location, I used a box cutter to trim small strips away from both sides of the C-Pillar until the brace fit in that spot.

I did the same on both sides of the car, and voila!!

Bolted the brace right in, and saved myself some time without having to take out the trunk liner.

Thanks again for the OP taking the time to create this DIY install guide!!

:dancing::woowoo:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts