8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had already installed this, but some people wanted a DIY. Didnt feel like pulling it all apart at 4am so Im gonna work with what I got. Here you go.

-Put both seats down a remove EVERYTHING from your trunk, will make it alot easier later on.

Behind the seats you have the piece that holds the trunk floor in place. Remove it by simply pulling up, two plastic pins, nothing big.

-Remove Trunk floor.

-Remove the plastic pins from both the passenger and drivers side trunk lining. Passenger side pictured.

-Remove trunk latch cover by popping the pins out on top first, and then pulling up.

-Remove trunk liners, they will require some manipulating where they wrap around into the backseat.

-Once removed you will see the holes where the C-Pillar bar mounts.
Drivers-side in trunk

Drivers-side backseat

Passenger-side in trunk

Passenger-side backseat

-Simple bolt it in place using the supplied bolts.

-Now you need to decide how you want to cut the trunk liner. You can either do as I did and cut around, or cut the whole wrap around part off. If you want just cut the part I did:

-Put the trunk liner in like you are going to re-install it. Push it snuggly up against the bar (sandwich it) From here you can mark where the bar is. Take it back out and start cutting.

-Repeat for other side

-Re-install parts in reverse order.

Finished product.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Cutting it really isnt a big deal, but I would rather just leave it out. Mounting the bar over the carpeting is a good idea though! I already took the carpeting out, I just left the middle part in that goes over the spare tire. Im going to order it tmrw :dance:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I installed it the same time as my coilovers, so needless to say my ride is very stiff.

·
Registered
336 Posts
why did you pop the trunk latch piece ? did you remove the carpet for cutting ? i was planning on doing it with the carpet still in the car

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol. I think I have the pictures for it. I just havent written it up.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
The bar mounts in the oem holes.

I have a really bad creak in the rear tub or in the roof of my car when entering slightly inclined driveways; both my townhouse drive way and development entrance have it and it really bothers me. Im wondering if the trunk bar is the solution...

·
Registered
12,702 Posts
The bar mounts in the oem holes.

I have a really bad creak in the rear tub or in the roof of my car when entering slightly inclined driveways; both my townhouse drive way and development entrance have it and it really bothers me. Im wondering if the trunk bar is the solution...
Yes, it is. ;)

Tai

1 - 20 of 41 Posts