8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

my car was recently damaged in a hail storm in denver. the damage was pretty significant on my hood roof trunk and driverside of the car. I got a check to fix the damage but all the shops around here are so busy that the earliest they could start working on my car was in 2 months.

I dont really want to deal with it so i was just thinking about keeping the check and selling the damaged car to get something else but i have no idea what a fair price to sell my car would be.

Its a 2007 RR si coupe with 139,000 miles. it has an HFP front lip but other then that its completely stock. it was in excellent shape before the hail. Any idea what i should list it for? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
721 Posts
hey everyone,

my car was recently damaged in a hail storm in denver. the damage was pretty significant on my hood roof trunk and driverside of the car. I got a check to fix the damage but all the shops around here are so busy that the earliest they could start working on my car was in 2 months.

I dont really want to deal with it so i was just thinking about keeping the check and selling the damaged car to get something else but i have no idea what a fair price to sell my car would be.

Its a 2007 RR si coupe with 139,000 miles. it has an HFP front lip but other then that its completely stock. it was in excellent shape before the hail. Any idea what i should list it for? Thanks in advance for your help!
Not to be a party pooper but with hail damage and high miles like that 6-7k

·
Registered
9 Posts
Next time your car gets damaged by hail, get the 16oz hammer out and finish the job... Make sure its a write-off!

Not many people are gonna buy a car that looks like a golf-ball unless its real damn cheap, unfortunately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just sold it for 6k but by the amount of interest i got on it i feel like i could have gotten more haha

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what the others were thinking. I obviously didn't see it but I've seem some really badly hail damaged vehicles in my area that got fixed by paintless dent removal like brand new and it didn't cost too much to have it done.

Someone probably got a really good deal. 6K for the car and $1000-$2000 worth of PDR and they've got a nice vehicle for under 8K.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what the others were thinking. I obviously didn't see it but I've seem some really badly hail damaged vehicles in my area that got fixed by paintless dent removal like brand new and it didn't cost too much to have it done.

Someone probably got a really good deal. 6K for the car and $1000-$2000 worth of PDR and they've got a nice vehicle for under 8K.
Paintless dent removal.... LOL

·
Registered
721 Posts
What's so funny about PDR? ._.
Nothing it works great for hail damage especially when the whole body is damaged. As you know you can do "PDR" on fender lips and body creases..... :facepalm: That skirt don't work homie if the body has dents on lines or creases forget about it bro

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
hey everyone,

You could always bondo it, sand it yourself, then pay to get the car wrapped (any color you want) and come out WELL ahead of a full repair and paint job.

If you are asking my opinion on what your car is worth, with your high mileage, I'd say $5k. Seriously. You are looking to unload your high mileage, body destroyed car to someone, when people are picking up half the mileage, mint condition bodied cars for $11k or so. Mine is a year newer and was $11,200 w/ 60k miles - and a 1 previous owner car, and a flawless interior (and completely stock).

You can't just say the KBB is X dollars, and subtract your check amount from that. You are giving a full blown project to someone and washing your hands clean. That comes at a penalty to you unfortunately.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You could always bondo it, sand it yourself, then pay to get the car wrapped (any color you want) and come out WELL ahead of a full repair and paint job.

If you are asking my opinion on what your car is worth, with your high mileage, I'd say $5k. Seriously. You are looking to unload your high mileage, body destroyed car to someone, when people are picking up half the mileage, mint condition bodied cars for $11k or so. Mine is a year newer and was $11,200 w/ 60k miles - and a 1 previous owner car, and a flawless interior (and completely stock).

You can't just say the KBB is X dollars, and subtract your check amount from that. You are giving a full blown project to someone and washing your hands clean. That comes at a penalty to you unfortunately.
He already sold it for 6. Not to bad

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nothing it works great for hail damage especially when the whole body is damaged. As you know you can do "PDR" on fender lips and body creases..... :facepalm: That skirt don't work homie if the body has dents on lines or creases forget about it bro
You'd be surprised as to what some PDR techs can get out. They can get dents out of fender/QP lips and doglegs too depending how the panel is constructed. It varies by make and model. As for the dents in creases, it depends on the severity of the damage into the body line. A dent in the body line about 1" to 2" wide x 1/4" to 1/2" deep is not that difficult to get out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
re skinning the roof would have been the best option. if you found a donor (not hard, two parts coupes on my local cl), youd be in the repair around a grand after paying someone to graft it in. at a bodyshop i once worked for, someone just poured a gallon of filler on the roof of a r-title chevy hhr. after paint, you couldnt tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts