8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably been seen 1000 times before, but I hadn't seen it... so here it is...

:vtec:

(not my car, found the pic on eBay...)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
talking about the wheels?

i wasn't a fan at first, but they've grown on me. especially the lighter 06 ones.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Am I the only one who feels sorry for EP3 owners? I see this guy in a black ep3 all the time and he always stares at my car. I feel bad. I don't know why. He probably loves his car.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yeah, I would feel kinda jealous if I was driving that and I saw a 8th gen roll by. Not really jealous, more like pissed off I did not wait a few years to forgo the "mini van" and go straight to a sexy 8th gen

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
sgtpruitt said:
What was honda thinking when they made the ep3.
They were thinking about trying to extend their european market to the usa and give American's what they were bitching about, tq. They reverted back to the hatchback because a lot of enthusiasts didn't like the em1 because it wasn't in true si form, it was a coupe. So they designed a nice looking hatch (they do look damn nice lowered with a lip kit) and took the same amount of hp that the em1's had, and added tq. What do people do? Complain because it has tq and makes 160 hp but doesn't have the vtec kick.

This is probably why Honda is hesitant to release any "jdm" designs over here any more, they finally did and threw in some tq and everyone complained. Not that I don't agree that the k20a3 is the bastard of the k series, but American's wanted it and got it.. and complained.

918civic said:
Yeah, I would feel kinda jealous if I was driving that and I saw a 8th gen roll by. Not really jealous, more like pissed off I did not wait a few years to forgo the "mini van" and go straight to a sexy 8th gen
Don't. The only thing that their jealous of is your powertrain, not your looks.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
firmhonda said:
They were thinking about trying to extend their european market to the usa and give American's what they were bitching about, tq. They reverted back to the hatchback because a lot of enthusiasts didn't like the em1 because it wasn't in true si form, it was a coupe. So they designed a nice looking hatch (they do look damn nice lowered with a lip kit) and took the same amount of hp that the em1's had, and added tq. What do people do? Complain because it has tq and makes 160 hp but doesn't have the vtec kick.

This is probably why Honda is hesitant to release any "jdm" designs over here any more, they finally did and threw in some tq and everyone complained. Not that I don't agree that the k20a3 is the bastard of the k series, but American's wanted it and got it.. and complained.
Whenever the consumer gets what they want, they find something to complain about. Its the american way to not accept anything thats different and ***** about everything they get after asking for it

·
Registered
920 Posts
I LOVE the look of the EP3. I originally wanted one but couldn't find a decently priced one. Especially the earlier models with the all red rear lights. Just get the mugen kit for it and it looks damn good :dancing:

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
sum1 please photoshop that car at least slammed... with the type r kit or something b/c as is it's ugly as a MOFO

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
i seriously don't know why so many ppl complain about the ep3, seriously!
if you ever go to europe, most of the nice cars are hatchbacks and people love them...for example the GTI. i don't know what's so bad/ugly about this car, i guess when u grow up in america ur only used to see sedans and when a hatch comes around ur not used to it, maybe if u were in europe u would come back with a different impression of most cars u see around america...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts