8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They did a good job(so far).I stated before it was pulling left,but now if it pulls it goes right and thats because of road crown.Also,when I was picking the car up,I mentioned that sometimes the 3rd gear was notchy,and the service guy said that I should of told them when I brought it in and they would of changed the MTF to the new kind.He said he had an SI,and the change made it better,but you could stil notice it at times.I'll have that done when I go for my oil change.So far,this dealer seems to be good.Hopefully,they'll put the correct weight of oil in my SI.They do seem to insist that I go until the oil meter is at 15% for the first change.

·
Registered
438 Posts
NSL, the road crown thing from what I have read is not true. Cars are not aligned to pull to the right due to road crown.

Unless I am mistaken, it's BS!

Someone correct me if I am wrong please.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
kero said:
NSL, the road crown thing from what I have read is not true. Cars are not aligned to pull to the right due to road crown.

your not entirely right.
Your car will pull to the right but it will do so gradually if its doing it from a stop your alignment isnt good or the road is very angled.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not actually supposed to pull,but drift to the right IF the road leans right,which is the case with roads around here.Try finding a level road around here.Anyway,the roads lean to the right to let water run into the ditches.The freeway may be different,as I think the left lane leans left and the right leans right.I do know that a left hand pull or drift when the road leans right is not right.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

its true.. if you drive on the left side of the road, it should SLIGHTLY pull left, and on the right it should slightly pull right.. for some reason it seems more pronounced on the right side, but it could just depend what road your on when you test this.. its for water runoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts