8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlights on my 10 SI coupe have gotten cloudy. They have this restorer stuff out there? Is it any good? Has anyone replaced the stock headlights with the new LED lights that I see on Amazon? How easy is it to do?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Restoring them can be hit or miss. If the oxidation is lighter then you can just do a polish them and it will make it better but it wont be perfect. If the oxidation is very heavy then you will need to sand the lens before polishing to get all of it off. I tried restoring my moms head lights and while I made it better they were not as clear as brand new.

If you are looking for an easy fix then I say go with the ones on Amazon. They probably are good enough quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any pics of your headlights? If they look really bad, you need to wet sand them, polish and apply UV clear coat.

·
Registered
180 Posts
A buddy of mine met a local guy ata meet up and he got this halo projector headlight from Ebay, my buddy is looking to get the same kit for his 2008 as the kit says fit for 2006-2011 models. I'm coming over this weekend to help him install the brake kit and 28 inch dub baller on his current truck project. I'll get the exact model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts