8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incase some of you haven't been following the thread in the In and Out forum, I've just made a couple sets of door sills for the coupe. The problem is I can't decide which looks better on Habanero Red. I really liked my brushed aluminum ones at first, but the wrinkle black looks really good in person too.... obviously mine aren't going to say "Si" but here are a couple pics:

Try to ignore the water spots. :p I'm probably going to engrave my family crest "米原" (Yonehara) in the center. That or Yospeed. Do you guys think the black looks better on Habanero Red, or Silver? Also, would putting my family crest on my door sills make my car rice? lol. I'm open to suggestions as to what I should engrave on them as well.

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm.. I like the silver a lot because if I get mugged, I can run to my car, rip the door sill off, and use it as a ninja sword. I'm a level 6 ninja with a +5 in sword skills on weekends. ;) I was thinking about getting them custom painted Habanero Red, but that kind of sounds like overkill... no?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The wrinkle black looks great. Let me know if you're going to make more of the wrinkle black sills, I'd be up to buying a set for my black si. how much you going to charge for a set???
In regards to the family crest on your sills, go for it. Its not 'rice'. Look at it this way, the Aston Martin DB9 has the option of its owners being able to customize their door sills with messages too, so is that "rice" when the aristocratic Aston Martin is doing that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts