8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a retro i bought off a member on this site. It uses D2s bulbs, recently ive been having nothing but problems with the setup. Both lights would constantly go out at the same time, then come back on. I checked the fuses and had an extra relay harness so i replaced that and problem fixed. Well yesterday it happened again, i move the harness around a bit and they go back on, but touch it the wrong way and they go off. Its a brand new harness so i really dont understand how there could be a short already. Do you have any suggestions? Any reccomendations for a good harness? Is it possible to run my lights without a harness? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i do. The thing is when i move the wire(positive) where it meets up to the fuse it flickers on and off. But just this morning they went off and i couldnt get them back on at all so im not sure now if thats the exact spot. Regardless its a brand new harness i just put on because i was having the same issue with the prior one after have 0 issues since last october when i got them. I figured maybe there was a short in the other one and now im having the same damn issue smh.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Pretty strange, sounds like the fuse holder, but you said you changed the fuse. You could run the projectors without a harness but its not recommended.

If you want we can send you a 9006 single xenon harness for $30 shipped.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had changed the fuses in the old harness. The fuses on my current one are fine. Also i should mention im using a smaller battery in order to run my pwjdm intake. Do you think that could be an issue? I dont see why it would be since its worked all this time prior to these issues arising.

I have D2s bulbs though so how would a 9006 xenon harness benefit me? The bulbs have no wires coming from them like my 9006 hid kit bulbs did.

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
I had changed the fuses in the old harness. The fuses on my current one are fine. Also i should mention im using a smaller battery in order to run my pwjdm intake. Do you think that could be an issue? I dont see why it would be since its worked all this time prior to these issues arising.

I have D2s bulbs though so how would a 9006 xenon harness benefit me? The bulbs have no wires coming from them like my 9006 hid kit bulbs did.
9006 being the low beam bulb. It's a plug and play wire harness that we send with every Civic retrofit

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sounds like a faulty relay.

When the lights go out at the same time it's either a bad relay, fuse, or poor signal caused by a loose connection.

If you pop the relay cover apart, I would not be suprised if it's corroded or has water in it.

Let us know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts