8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sry 4 noob question, but i really dunno much about lighting dept. our low beam is 9006? that's the same as h4 right?

if i was to go the plug and play route (used kit), what should be included so i can get to work? what's this harness and rely stuff? is it true i will void warranty if i blow a fuse or something during install? thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
No, 9006 is the same as HB4, which is different. H4 was what was used in 6th gen and older Civics. It has two filaments- one for the low beam and another for the high beam.

You need bulbs, ballasts, and the wiring to connect them. Some kits include a wiring harness that acts as an electrical buffer between the wiring for your ballasts and the vehicle wiring. That way, if you have an electrical problem, it's isolated to the relay rather than to the rest of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh. thx 4 the info! i know 8th gen civic coupe has h11 fogs, now in terms of the blub size, how much mod (if possible) to change a 9006 into a h11? it's pretty much the blub plug socket that is different right? cuz i want to get plug and play HID low beam 9006 for now, and when i save up enough, do a retro on the low beam and switch this plug and play HID into the fog...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.