8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy
I'm new to this forum. This is my 2nd civic. The first was a hybrid which I hated :(
I love my new (pre owned) civic though. So much fun to drive.
I know people have already touched on this somewhere, but i need more opinions.
I put H & R Sport Springs in my 2009 EXL. The perfomance changes in handling are dramatic!
Absolutely love it.
Although it's 10 times smoother and more responsive, it does get a little bouncy if I encounter poor road conditions. It is very, very smooth overall.
Is the bounce due to the stock shock bottoming out?
I have read that the Skunk 2 Sport Shock is a compatible shock for this spring.
Any other suggestions for a compatible shock would be greatly appreciated.
:)

·
Premium Member
26,125 Posts
Howdy
I'm new to this forum. This is my 2nd civic. The first was a hybrid which I hated :(
I love my new (pre owned) civic though. So much fun to drive.
I know people have already touched on this somewhere, but i need more opinions.
I put H & R Sport Springs in my 2009 EXL. The perfomance changes in handling are dramatic!
Absolutely love it.
Although it's 10 times smoother and more responsive, it does get a little bouncy if I encounter poor road conditions. It is very, very smooth overall.
Is the bounce due to the stock shock bottoming out?
I have read that the Skunk 2 Sport Shock is a compatible shock for this spring.
Any other suggestions for a compatible shock would be greatly appreciated.
:)
Any shock Koni made shock with help ride quality tremendously. I have the adjustable yellows on my Si and I am going to do the Oranges sports on my LX with Neuspeed sport springs. Contact Chris @ Redshifts or PM him on here. He is very knowledgeable and has great prices. I heard mixed reviews on the Skunk2 shocks fyi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Regular preventive maintenance is probably the single thing you can do as a car owner to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the future. However, not everyone agrees on what preventive maintenance is, what you should do, and when you should do it. Let's clear that up, and give you some tips that'll apply to any vehicle.
………………………………………………….

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts