8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I installed 35W 6000k H.I.D's in my low beams. So far I love them. But, I don't really like the yellow hugh of the Drl's/high beams and would like to put in new Nokya or Lumantic bulbs (arctic white or blue). I'm worried that running them will possibly fry the harness, since they use more power than the stock bulbs and have read that people have fried their harness.

My question is, has anyone had any problems running the Nokya or Lumantic bulbs in their Drl's/high beams? or any problems running the nokya or lumantic bulbs along w/ H.I.D's?

I have searched around the forums and couldn't find anything on this specific topic.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
to "the norng storm" it's not that I drive w/ hid's and drl's/highs on at the same time, it's that I'm weary of the fact that people have supposidly fried their harness w/ diff bulbs in the drl's since they draw more power.

and I just hate the yellow color of the drl/high, looks terrible on rallye red lol. So I want to change the drl/high to white or blue. plus it's mainly for the drl's since thats wut is always seen during the day. at night I have my lows on so the drls/high are off anyways.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i got some 80 watt yellow nokya for my DRL/high, showed up from ebay yesterday.

also hoping it doesnt fry my plugs. i couldnt find a cheap 2500k in 65w so 80w it is!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
so pretty much nobody has had any issues w/ the nokya bulbs. When I buy them I'll be sure to look for lower wattage ones then.

anyone kno wut watt the stock drl's/high's run at?
also, if I purchase 65Watt nokya bulbs instead of 100Watt I will be running less of a risk of burning anything correct? but will the lower wattage cause the light to be a lot less bright and not worth buying?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have Arctic White Nokyas in my DRL, no issues. I'm running DDM 5000K HID and Nokya Yellow in my k2motor fogs. I will say this though, the output of Nokyas in the DRL is nothing spectacular. Sure, it looks white/blue when I high beam someone, but as DRL, they look almost like regular bulbs (with the dull yellow hue). I dont know if are cars were always like this, but I also noticed that my HID lowbeams will light up when Ipull the stalk back to high beam. (even with lowbeams off)

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
is it safe to put nokya 80w h11 yellow bulbs for my oem fogs? Or should i upgrade the wires? Thanks!
dont bother, they'll end up burning out in less than a year. happened to me and another member.

as for Nokyas in for the DRL/Hi, i've had mine in their for 2 1/2 years. not a single problem. you cant fry the harness when the voltage is low since you're mainly using them as DRLs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
put my 80w 2500k nokyas in my drl/hi... Look great, happy with them for the most part... But I didn't expect the 2500k to make the hi beams 100% worthless, and hoped the 80w would compensate.. But nope... My hi beams are now useless.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alright. so it looks like I'll be fine w/ nokya bulbs for my drl's. I have HID's and I just hate the yellow hugh. hence I want to get either nokya blue or arctic white for the drl's.

thanks for the help guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.