8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
They dont suck, they will still illuminate further down the road since they are aimed higher. If you install HIDs in your highbeams, you will loose your daytime running lights, and the ability to flash people with your brights since they take a few seconds to warm up.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
They dont suck, they will still illuminate further down the road since they are aimed higher. If you install HIDs in your highbeams, you will loose your daytime running lights, and the ability to flash people with your brights since they take a few seconds to warm up.
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. Thanks man. Do some people change the hi beams and fogs to xenon look halogens?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea alot of people do xenon fogs in addition to lows....

IMO i wouldnt get HID hi beams.. just get silverstar ultras for your hi's
Only problem is i hate Silverstars. I am getting a retro soon and just needed to know my options. Any issues with bi-xenon?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more expensive... and i think you still use 1 ballast for each light so you still have a high beam delay - ask customlightz to be sure
Now i am guessing you will loose hi and low beams being on at the same time.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
i have HIDs in my low beams. and the blue bulbs in my highs, and the blue bulbs look YELLOW compared to my hids lol kinda funny because i loved the blue bulbs and how white they looked. but yes, i do have to use them still because they shine further and higher than the low beams

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.