8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my friend wanted these angel eyes/projectors for his ep3...So I bought it for him for his bday..however..there is a plug in the back of it..i read somewhere that i need to attach it to some H4 plug??..Can someone explain to me what the hell i do with that plug...thank you!..

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
If it's an angel eye projector from somewhere like ebay it's more than likely going to require you to put in a different sized bulb H4 (halogen still) inside the lowbeams. Then from what I remember, for you to be able to hook up the angel eyes to work, you have to do some wiring to hook them up to your parking lights or whatnot so they turn on.

It will take some electrical work, and if you don't know what you're doing, it's probably best to take it to someone who can install it professionally.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see the thing is...there are wires coming off it (2 red ones)..i know they wire up to the sidemarkers. And there is a bulb that they already put in the headlamp for low beam...its a really small bulb..there is just this plug looking thing..that has like 3 pins..

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Sounds kinda iffy, but I would just bring it to a car electrician and get it checked out and see what he says. Splicing and cutting wires in your car is dangerous but it sounds like that is what you might have to do.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
EP3's use 9003 which is the same as an H4 plug (dual filament).
The ebay projectors have a "cute design" where they do separate high and low beams. Thus, they will use either h1 for high beams and h3 for low beams. Then, those two wires are combined to a 3-spade plug which should be your 9003 plug. Should plug right in to your oem one.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
So 02-03 is 9003 and 04-05 is 9006, no wonder I was so confused, some sites had one or the other and the Sylvania website only had it listed as "Civic 3 door" so I wasn't sure if that was the Si or not.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.