8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gunn Honda Employees Si Sedan - (Car = Gone / Driver = OK!!)

Here is a pic of one of my fellow Salespeoples Si after he hit a Tree head on at 65 MPH.....

He thankfully came out of it with only a Sprained ankle and a Few Cuts and Bruises.....nothing Broken.

Pic Removed at request of employee (Too many people calling him and making sure he is ok!!!)

He Is!!!!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
That's a really hefty collision there....

The forces involved in hitting a stationary object at 65mph is pretty insane. I can't believe he only had a sprained ankle with some cuts and bruises. I guess the Si is pretty safe.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jeremy0203 said:
that sucks, can i get some parts off it???

LOL

It is already gone to that junkyard in the sky

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nayilsi said:
was delivering the car ?

or was it his ?

It was his.....had it for about 4 months....

Bad part is that the reason he got it was the fact a Guyran over him in his 'Busa about 6 months before that, and barely got out alive....so he got the Si as a "4 walled - airbag Fitted - Motorcyle"

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was told by this cop, who was substituting a teacher in my school at the time, that if you come from a complete stop instantly from about 24 mph and up that your aorta splits from your heart and you bleed to death.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Odaisn said:
I was told by this cop, who was substituting a teacher in my school at the time, that if you come from a complete stop instantly from about 24 mph and up that your aorta splits from your heart and you bleed to death.
im sure this is myth, think about Forces that figher pilots are exposed to etc...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not a myth. Ask any cardiothorasic surgeon. The goal of the car in the crash is to slow the amount of time it takes your body to stop. 120-0 in 1 second is nothing compared to 20-0 in 1 millisecond.

That's why people would die in the old cars that had solid frames all the way to the bumper, in 25mph crashes! They really did go 25-0 in 10 miliseconds. Instant death.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
He might have been going 65 before the hit, but that not a 65mph dead hit. I see wrecked cars all day, and can show you hundreds of pics of cars worse than that and where going alot slower. Shame about the car, but keeps our resell value up when they total.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts