8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

The other day I was looking for some info about SC oil change and coupler replacement. I looked through many sites and found this one:

3800 Supercharger

It really has a lot of useful info about SC. It shows pretty much any procedure for SC maintanence: oil change, bearing replacement, porting and polishing. I just thought it may be helpful for some of the members in a future. I wasn't sure if it belongs in DIY section or here. Mods, feel free to move it anywhere you think it belongs.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank man. Yeah.. after reading it, it gave me some confidence. I already got coupler and oil. I think I am gonna try porting it as well. Its kind of scary but.. doesnt seem too hard. Also, I have a friend with the press. I am really tempting to rebuild nosedrive. I called Magnuson today, and they want about $350 just to replace all bearings.. bearings are not included. You can get bearings for about $100. We will see....

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I bought a book the other day "A Guide to Street Superchargining". It's pretty good. It is very informative, and gives you a vast understanding of superchargers in general, as well as their history. The book even touches on thermodynamic entropy. :eek:

You guys may want to take a gander. It was only about $20.00

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The link below is to Moss Motors. Read the article on "Filling your Supercharger". Good info on the proper amount of oil to use.

MossPerformance.com High Performance Parts & Accessories
I actually seen this the other day. Really good info. A lot of forums say to fill it to the drain plug level which is really wrong. Thanks man...

I bought a book the other day "A Guide to Street Superchargining". It's pretty good. It is very informative, and gives you a vast understanding of superchargers in general, as well as their history. The book even touches on thermodynamic entropy. :eek:

You guys may want to take a gander. It was only about $20.00
i am gonna check it out.... $20 wont hurt anyway.... thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts