8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a simple, short, to the point guide to installing the Corsport Short Shift adapter.

Tools needed/suggested: 14mm wrench, 1/8" allen wrench, flathead screwdriver

Using a 14mm wrench, turn the nut below the shift knob clockwise to loosen it. After it is loosened, remove the shift knob and the nut.

Pop off silver plastic piece and shift boot by pulling up on the plastic piece upward. When it is removed, place it aside. Then to remove the larger portion of the center console, pull upward and toward you to remove.

Pull the wire clips to the sides to access the shifter. When you are at the point where you're removing the blue cap from the shifter, it is your personal preference what you do to remove it. I used the 14mm wrench to help pry it off. To be safe, you can place your hand or a cloth below the area to catch the cap when it comes off so it doesn't fall into the center console.

When the cap it off slide the adapter on the shifter. Make sure you slide it ALL THE WAY up or you will have trouble shifting in the end. When it is on, tighten it up with the allen wrench. Find excess grease around the parts and grease up the adapter head.

Now for the hard part. Pop back on the blue cap. However you can.

Reassemble.

i had some issues with the blue cap and lost it in the center console trying to put it back on. for that i used the instructions on the TWM SS DIY to remove the console.

questions?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i shoved a microfiber towel in every nook and cranny so i would not have that problem. when you get it in just pul the towels out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i was taking pics on my install too, but my cam died and I didn't feel like waiting.

as an addition, I liked lock-tite-ing the allen screws just for good measure.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
a lot better. it feels awkward without without it.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fits my hand perfect and makes it sooo much easier for me to shift compared to the stock one.. it was too small for my hand.. the shift knob is an all leather Sparco..

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
that is the ugliest shifter i have ever seen!
hell yeah it is. i don't care who makes that thing. it took a nose dive from the ugly shift knob tree and hit every branch. i want a weighted countersunk shift knob.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thats alright. there's a lot of cars on here that i think people have done ugly **** to but i keep it shut. it fits my hand better than any other shift knob i've felt and there's no metal on it to heat up here in texas

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
true enough... with the heat... yah thats a good idea... I had to put something on my shifter to keep it from heating up and burning my hand. As long as it's good for you... All that reall matters.

·
Registered
375 Posts
thats alright. there's a lot of cars on here that i think people have done ugly **** to but i keep it shut. it fits my hand better than any other shift knob i've felt and there's no metal on it to heat up here in texas
dude i live in fl and myne gets hot as hell but but i don't complain and put a damn dildo on my shifter. ohhh ride me harder baby! and yea i havn't done anything ugly 2 my car so if i ever do fell free to talk ****!

edit- oh by the way u should get this shift boot 2 match
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Civic-Pink-Blak-Shift-Boot-1988-2000-NEW-5sp-Si_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33703QQihZ009QQitemZ190173781400QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
About this Discussion
171 Replies
74 Participants
flipondrums
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing