8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the commercial of the 2006 GTI with the green "pimped" ride. thoughts?... Feelings on VW bashing on ricers when it in my bookthe GTI is a ricer want-abe. just wondered because they are taking a punch at "us".

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I love these GTI commercials.

"i can't hear the engine over your yapping"

aahhahaha i have thought that so many times. great commercials.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I've seen a few commercials now with the white gti. The guy calling in chinese food or something and asks - pickup or delivery. He looks outside and its like a typhoon lol. He keeps looking and the guy keeps asking, and then you see him driving off in his car. The little "devil" as I like to call it is on the arm rest of the car.

Or the other one where he won't take his girlfriend in the car because the little "devil" says, lose the weight.... keep it streamlined, then he peels out and leaves her on the side of the road.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just saw it a few days ago. i looked for it but couldnt find it at all. the comercial is two very german scientist infront of the ugliest "pimped" green civic with BIG pop-charger hood. they rap about it and then a crain hits with a wrecking ball and the GTI is behind it. and then they say its tuned from germany or something like that. keep your eyes out. someones got to of seen it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
webby said:
I've seen a few commercials now with the white gti. The guy calling in chinese food or something and asks - pickup or delivery. He looks outside and its like a typhoon lol. He keeps looking and the guy keeps asking, and then you see him driving off in his car. The little "devil" as I like to call it is on the arm rest of the car.

Or the other one where he won't take his girlfriend in the car because the little "devil" says, lose the weight.... keep it streamlined, then he peels out and leaves her on the side of the road.
The "devil" is called the VW Fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-F...ewItemQQcategoryZ34234QQitemZ8039149716QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-F...ewItemQQcategoryZ34234QQitemZ8039985490QQrdZ1

600 of them were made to promote the new GTi...selling on Ebay like hotcakes.

Steve

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
hahah, I didn't know they were selling that thing. I like the noise it makes during the commercial. The low "HUUUUUUMMMMMmmmmmmmm in the music is funny.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Kurt said:
~ 200hp N/A > 200hp Turbo
:rolleyes:

Unfortunately the 207ft lbs of tq in the turbo ownz the 139ft lbs in the NA.

Car and Driver said:
With a relatively high compression ratio of 10.5:1, the GTI's heart pumps out 197 horsepower at 5100 rpm and 207 pound-feet of torque at just 1800.
Apples and oranges.

Steve

·
Registered
342 Posts
Price -vs- Reliability. For the extra price of the GTi one would expect the thing to have a better Consumer Report rating. (GTi may be to new to get a rating but look at the Golf and Jetta). If you get your hands on a copy look especially at the ratings for the electrical system on the VW's. :banghead:

I actually considered a Jetta but bought the Civic EX. One of the factors (other than the fact the Civic looks better) was the Consumer Report rating. Let's see the Civic is rated better and costs less, gee which should I choose?

·
Banned
308 Posts
i am ordering my new gti in a few weeks.. lol i think it looks a little girly but after driving one the other day.. im sold

1 - 20 of 20 Posts