8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GT35 Full Race

i had the stock block cleaned, honed, and balanced the crank. i picked up some JE 10:1 coated pistons and h beam rods. got arp head/mains studs with oem bearings. i am also running the type s oil pump :hitit: and TSX cams:corona:

Friday Night:
Picked up block on the way home...

wait a second, missing something....

much better, drinking and wrenching...best
So i built the motor valve cover to oil pan that night...here is some pics

not many pics on sat, but i attached tranny, harness, and all other crap

sunday, motor was in car. at this point i found out that i was missing a bolt from the original side mount bracket. i gave it to a buddy with the stiffy mount. so i could get going, cause once i started the motor i had to drive it. important part man
magic

put the front end back on monday

and weds...will here is weds...(bolt took 2 days, hate honda dealership, rape on part sales)
short teaser

had other little issues, but that got worked out. i have to break in the motor asap now because i have a tune set for the 18th. wish me luck...thanks

its never over....

GO FULL RACE! :dancing:

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
went to the track on Saturday...had some fun....

making a montage video now...more to come later.

best watched in HD

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Good luck Tony great build!! but the piston Not have a poor design!!!the car is lean!!! check your tune!!!

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yay!

thanks!

very nice man
thanks bro

Looks good Tony. Looking forward to seeing the results on your new setup.
u and me, I don't care anymore just want my car bac

Good luck Tony great build!! but the piston Not have a poor design!!!the car is lean!!! check your tune!!!
I had tony go back over his map right after this happened and he said bad pistons. When I order my new JE's u can see that they have larger valve relief to piston ring. Like more metal to the ring

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yay!

thanks!

thanks bro

u and me, I don't care anymore just want my car bac

I had tony go back over his map right after this happened and he said bad pistons. When I order my new JE's u can see that they have larger valve relief to piston ring. Like more metal to the ring
Bad piston?? I don't think is a bad piston the car went lean!! check all your fuel system!!

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
damn i like you for the fact that you do your on sh!t, very nice and impresive. as far as having a k24 turbo mugen si (is pure win). good luck and keep the work up man!

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bad piston?? I don't think is a bad piston the car went lean!! check all your fuel system!!
Yea I had some people look at the map and couldn't find where it went wrong

damn i like you for the fact that you do your on sh!t, very nice and impresive. as far as having a k24 turbo mugen si (is pure win). good luck and keep the work up man!
yea it was k24 not no more :( just gt35 full race

So Tony when am i going to get my ride in that car?
after may 18th

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i got a little heavy footed tonight and if it was going to break it would....WOW

8 days and counting...

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so ur going back to a z3 block? r u going back to a 6 speed tranny too? looks good eigther way
Yea went back to stock block but built. Tranny only of this ones pops. Like a back up plan

What type of injector you have??? did you have fuel system??
same fuel system I have now this time I crushed the fpr, why? Sup? What u thinking?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Tony, you going to T1 on the 18th? I'm like 20 mins away. I might have to stop by and check this beast out.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
:clapping: i love this car man nice worrk

1 - 20 of 106 Posts