8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The prototype Nissan GT-R V-Spec, wearing the "Victory Specification" designation reserved for the ultra high-performance Nissan GT-R, has been caught lapping the famed Nürburgring at an incredible, if not simply unbelievable, 7:25 per lap. This, according to bystanders trackside. (For comparison, Walter Röhrl lapped the Ring in 7:28 while driving a Porsche Carrera GT in 2004.)

In contrast to the standard Nissan GT-R, that made the run around the 'Ring in 7:38, the GT-R V-Spec has a new front splitter, modified rear spoiler, and different wheels. A more extensive use of carbon fiber has reportedly reduced the weight by upwards of 330 pounds. Of course, Nissan engineers also tweaked the twin-turbo powerplant for another 70 horses... or so.
ZR1 Nürburgring time: 7:26

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Me want bad....

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
[email protected] threads like this.I'll stick to my economy based sporty coupe instead of E-arguing over minor details between two cars I'll never be able to own unless I win the lottery or knock off a rich relative.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
So is this time going to be like the base GT-R time that nobody can replicate within twenty seconds? I'll believe it when an independent 3rd party replicates the time, since Nissan has been very shady about these things up until now.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
This looks beast, but the ZR1 still wins.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
My spell-check keeps changing your screen name to "Farmhand":rotfl:
If we were in a certain kind of movie I might be okay with that. :dance:

Seriously though, I'm kind of disappointed in the rumor that the V-Spec is supposed to be some $160,000 without any real justification of that.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Seriously though, I'm kind of disappointed in the rumor that the V-Spec is supposed to be some $160,000 without any real justification of that.
Seriously. What are the differences between the V-Spec and the base GTR? Isn't it mainly just a few weight saving carbon fiber bits? IIRC, the engine and the suspension have been untouched.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Seriously. What are the differences between the V-Spec and the base GTR? Isn't it mainly just a few weight saving carbon fiber bits? IIRC, the engine and the suspension have been untouched.
From my understanding that's exactly right. That's why I find it hard to believe that the rumors are true. I mean, a markup beyond its value is to be expected given its rarity, but I highly doubt that they would double the price when from a performance standpoint it might have a tune and that's it.

its amazing the lap time for the amount of power and weight it has...it defies physics i tell u
Truth. It's an amazing car for sure.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts