8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the site and wanted to ask a question about the Gruppe M Short Ram Intake.

I contacted the manufacturer about whether or not they have an intake that fits my car which is a 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan. I think it's an FG2 and it has the K20Z3. They told me they don't make an intake that fits the car, but I have seen a few posts on here about people put these intakes on their cars and they look incredible!

1. Has anyone put one of these intakes on their FG2?

2. I saw some that fit the K20A engines, would that fit my car?

Kind of a noon here so any input would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Since you have a sedan it is actually an FA5 not an FG2 which is a coupe.

Generally if the intake fits say an FD2 (JDM Type R) in most cases it will fit the FA5. Post a link to the intake and we can likely help out a bit more.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That is an expensive intake!

Either way, the part that would concern me is the large cowl portion. I am not 100% on this but I would think the clutch master cylinder, as well as the brake booster are located on the opposite side of the FD2 since it is RHD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been doing more research on a few other forums as well and it looks like it fits the FA5. If I can get the intake when taxes come in I will definitely come back and post pics. I'm going to continue doing research until then, hopefully I can get a few more upgrades as well. I don't have any crazy power goals, just want a bit more throttle response, a bit better acceleration, and a nicer engine sound. Apparently the VTEC crossover on this intake is absolutely insane. Thanks again for the help I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get yourself s hybrid racing cai and a flashpro you will be very happy and it would cost less than the current intake you posted above.

I installed my hybrid racing cai its amazing power and sound is unbelievable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get yourself s hybrid racing cai and a flashpro you will be very happy and it would cost less than the current intake you posted above.

I installed my hybrid racing cai its amazing power and sound is unbelievable.
Thanks for the advice, part of the reason for my choice in getting a short ram as opposed to a cai is that I live in Idaho and the weather can be pretty terrible. This is my daily and there's frequently situations where I wouldn't be able to drive cuz the roads are flooded.

Are there any other sri intakes that you would suggest

1 - 8 of 8 Posts