Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
haha- thank you kindly :)

i was wondering, wat can you do for me as far as p2r throttle body spacer?? or steel braided brake lines???
Sure thing, our most popular brake lines are the Techna-Fit's that come custom hose coated (we offer this complimentary). We also have tons of P2R stuff in stock!

is it too late to get in on this, whats the price on this or is it over?

thanks.
I want in tell me what I need to do
Not too late, we are making some exceptions while people continue to purchase. Either checkout with the item and TSGROUPBUY as the code or paypal [email protected] for 23. If being shipped to Canada, please add another 6.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just got my torque solution in the mail. THANKS GUYS..

ok.. just a quick question do you have to put back the stock metal spacer and the plactic circle or no?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i got those bushings yesturday and install took all of about 10 minutes since I didn't have the air box there. great quality product to say the least, everything fit perfectly. thanks again

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
i got those bushings yesturday and install took all of about 10 minutes since I didn't have the air box there. great quality product to say the least, everything fit perfectly. thanks again
Glad to hear that you are enjoying them! Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future :dance:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just came back inside from installing them after eagerly waiting for the past week like a child on Christmas eve. Aside from getting the stock bushings off installation was an absolute breeze. It took literally one minute to install each bushing with the e-clip and cotter pin after getting the stock bushing off.

I was a bit skeptical at first about if it made any difference when I was toying around with the shifter before backing the car out as when I pushed it into gear there was still a bit of flex and didn't feel much different compared to just having base bushings. Took the car out to fill up the gas tank one last time before the final store before winter and WOW what a difference! Shifting feels tighter in the sense that there is more resistance (not a bad thing) and each shift feels confident when snapping into gear. I ended up doing a few laps around my neighbourhood letting my car breathe some cold air and having great fun ripping through my gears as each shift just clicks into place.

I would definitely recommend these bushings to anybody! Fitment was perfect and no sanding required like some other brands.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just came back inside from installing them after eagerly waiting for the past week like a child on Christmas eve. Aside from getting the stock bushings off installation was an absolute breeze. It took literally one minute to install each bushing with the e-clip and cotter pin after getting the stock bushing off.

I was a bit skeptical at first about if it made any difference when I was toying around with the shifter before backing the car out as when I pushed it into gear there was still a bit of flex and didn't feel much different compared to just having base bushings. Took the car out to fill up the gas tank one last time before the final store before winter and WOW what a difference! Shifting feels tighter in the sense that there is more resistance (not a bad thing) and each shift feels confident when snapping into gear. I ended up doing a few laps around my neighbourhood letting my car breathe some cold air and having great fun ripping through my gears as each shift just clicks into place.

I would definitely recommend these bushings to anybody! Fitment was perfect and no sanding required like some other brands.

did you put the stock metal piece and the plastic white ring back?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

Thanks for the review! If anyone wants to post any DIY's or reviews of these that would be great as well! :woowoo:

·
Registered
867 Posts
did you put the stock metal piece and the plastic white ring back?
There was no plastic white ring in my bushings. I had my stock airbox removed since I have a SRI.

On a 2007 CSX Type S (k20z3)
1. Use a flathead screwdriver or pliers to remove the stock cotter pin on large bushing.

2. Pull the bushing and cable up and out of the point that connects to the transmission.

3. Using a flathead screwdriver, remove the top metal shield on the top of the bushing. Doing so will pull out both the metal top and a metal bushing that snaps to the bottom of the rubber bushing.

4. Stick the flathead into the now enlarged diametre centre hole and pry at an angle to get the stock rubber bushing out. You may need to pry multiple times and at different angles, but this worked for me. Be careful not to snap your tranny cables by bending them too much.

5. Slide Torque Solution urethane bushing onto the cable with the larger lip facing down. This will allow a groove to be exposed just above the cable linkage. Connect the whole assembly back onto the transmission. It'll be very tight to get in but try to get it as straight as you can. I used a hammer to lightly tap it back into place.

6. Using the supplied E-ring, slide this into the exposed groove and using your fingers you can just push it in til it snaps into place.

7. Insert new cotter pin to secure the bushing. The cotter pins are the same.

8. Repeat stpes 1-7 with smaller bushing, but this time with the bushing lip facing the engine.

9. Enjoy!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
There was no plastic white ring in my bushings. I had my stock airbox removed since I have a SRI.

On a 2007 CSX Type S (k20z3)
1. Use a flathead screwdriver or pliers to remove the stock cotter pin on large bushing.

2. Pull the bushing and cable up and out of the point that connects to the transmission.

3. Using a flathead screwdriver, remove the top metal shield on the top of the bushing. Doing so will pull out both the metal top and a metal bushing that snaps to the bottom of the rubber bushing.

4. Stick the flathead into the now enlarged diametre centre hole and pry at an angle to get the stock rubber bushing out. You may need to pry multiple times and at different angles, but this worked for me. Be careful not to snap your tranny cables by bending them too much.

5. Slide Torque Solution urethane bushing onto the cable with the larger lip facing down. This will allow a groove to be exposed just above the cable linkage. Connect the whole assembly back onto the transmission. It'll be very tight to get in but try to get it as straight as you can. I used a hammer to lightly tap it back into place.

6. Using the supplied E-ring, slide this into the exposed groove and using your fingers you can just push it in til it snaps into place.

7. Insert new cotter pin to secure the bushing. The cotter pins are the same.

8. Repeat stpes 1-7 with smaller bushing, but this time with the bushing lip facing the engine.

9. Enjoy!
Thanks for the DIY! If anyone gets the chance to snap some pics please either post them or make a quick DIY for the forum, that would be great! :dancingcoolsmiley:

61 - 80 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.