8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hmmm, can't remember what the title was but their is a DIY for a grounding system which I actually did.

All I did was get a foot or two of 2 guage (I think, just look in my profile) ground wires and replaced the wires. Damn I can't remember. But I didn't notice anything like better start up or anything.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
i can honestly tell you that you are basically wasting your money on a ground wire system if you pay more than 30.00 for it. I had one on my XRS corolla and it made a VERY VERY slight difference in the brightness of the headlights and that was about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I e-mailed Buddy Club USA to see if they'll send me a copy of some install instructions. If it's not too bad, i'm definitely going to go for it. Grounding kits are supposed to be a big help for DBW cars.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Only worth it on cars whose current grounding systems are crapping out due to age or whatever. All those dyno tests you hear about where cars get extra hp are in fact situations where they are "regaining" power they would've had if the car was new.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
ryanster01 said:
So im a newbie at grounding systems, is it beneficial?
Where can i get one? and if i make my own with 4 or 8 guage wire, is there a diy somewhere on here. i did search and got only one thread on this, about a guy getting drunk and buying a grounding system.

the buddyclub kit http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/condenser/condenser.html
i have to have a grounding wire kit first?
helps with electrical noise at high revs... great on k-series motors. better idle. grounding is important.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts