8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search but ended up with nothing directly related to my question. Whenever I start driving before the engine is...i guess completely warmed up whenever I shift into 3rd I kinda have to force it a little bit more than the other gears, grinded 3rd a couple of times. is this related to the problems everyone else is having with 3rd gear or is it because the engine isnt warmed up? Help me... before i make an ass of myself at the dealer.... :sadwavy:

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
There are hundreds of thousands of posts related to this.

You're in luck, though, as it seems Honda is acknowledging the issue soon.

Now getting the dealer to acknowledge it is my current job.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
It is most likely related to the same problem discussed in the threads listed. From what I've read the problem is worse when cold, so you are probably just in the early stages.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the transmission issues stated on this board, but try double clutching until the transmission is warm, this will smooth engagement and it is much easier on the transmission.

Think of it as 'staying out of VTEC until the engine is warm,' for the transmission.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.