8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the Skunk2 it was apparent I needed some more power in the sound system.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-si/141030-grinders-mods-phase-1-a.html

So I bit the bullet and I am installing a Alpine PDX-5

CEA-2006 Power Rating
CEA-2006 Power Rating ([email protected] V =1% THD+N), S/N 76dBA (Ref: 1W into 4Ohm & 2Ohm for Mono ch.):
75W x 4 + 300W x

I am going to power the Focals up and leave the factory sub for now. Its an additional 700$ and I have a JL box I can toss in to see what it sounds like.
Using a nice controller to integrate with the Nav unit so I should have fader, balance and even sub woofer control over the amp from the head unit.

Wish me luck pics as soon as I pic her up today.

G

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good and Bad

Love the Amp but after review the factory stuff has to go. Maybe the signal gets broke down through all the factory wiring or even the controller but its not right and being an audiophile I cant stop till its perfect.

Next step is pulling out the controller and I am having a custom enclosure made just behind the shifter. There is plenty of room there and worst case scenario we remove the pos factory amp.

I am going to install a small speaker for the navigator and blue tooth action and hopefully I can find the mute wire coming off the factory deck. So all that will remain factory I just wont use the factory head unit at all for sound.
The Pioneer has USB capability as well.

Stay tuned for more updates :)

Id show pictures but I have exceeded by storage amount :SHOCKED:

G

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures

Geezer helped me with photo bucket I was direct uploading like a newbie.

:pics:

Ok so first up is the new deck

The new amp is a P-5 Alpine 5 channel amp.

This is the controller I tried that I do not like.

So the controller is outa here and I am having the center console custom fitted for the dhp800

It should fit down in here nicely

I will shoot the install and post it up when its done.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Focals

Here are the Focals in place

Long before I started on this.

Today I put in Mobil 1 so after the tunes I get tint and I will stop for a bit.

Headers for Christmas?:dancingcoolsmiley:

G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.