8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what you guys know about it is it a pretty good turbo kit or are the kits that are in the proccess of being made and stuff better then whats out now pretty much?

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Who can possibly tell the future? Greddy is tried and true for the most part, but don't expect big gains. If I were honestly going to buy a turbo kit, I'd wait to see what redshift come out with and full race.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would never turbo any car that was NA from the factory. If Im gonna boost im gonna boost as in 15+PSI. Try to do that on a stock bottom ended K20Z3 and listen to the motor blow. I love having an all motor FG2. One day when my motor eventually goes bad (probably 400K miles being a reliable honda) I might rebuild with low compression pistons and other FI supporting internal mods. I am however curious to see what redshift puts out for us.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The 2 kits that are popular now are both quality kits, this year should have another 1 or 2 out on the market and you'd just have to wait and see how they work out.

I prefer making a very good amount of power without having to rebuild, and I am.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I would never turbo any car that was NA from the factory. If Im gonna boost im gonna boost as in 15+PSI. Try to do that on a stock bottom ended K20Z3 and listen to the motor blow. I love having an all motor FG2. One day when my motor eventually goes bad (probably 400K miles being a reliable honda) I might rebuild with low compression pistons and other FI supporting internal mods. I am however curious to see what redshift puts out for us.
Dude are you serious....
YouTube - K20 Civic 42 psi

Pretty sure 15 psi with a correct tune won't crunch the K20. :coffee:

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
The K20 is a really strong motor. Although it has already a high compression piston, the bottom end can handle a lot of power. The stock block has forged internals which is the reason why it could handle a lot of power. But your motor will last as long on how well your car is tuned.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
The K20 is a really strong motor. Although it has already a high compression piston, the bottom end can handle a lot of power. The stock block has forged internals which is the reason why it could handle a lot of power. But your motor will last as long on how well your car is tuned.

Have you seen a bottom end of the Honda's. They are strong then most and have iron sleeves but the rods are small. The head work they have on Honda's are amazing. I would agree if you stay under 400whp (10psi) these engines could last with proper maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts