8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2006 civic si and I was looking for a turbo kit. I was wondering is the Greddy turbo kit reliable? I know they had there bugs in the past but i heard they improved on it over the years now. Does it come with a waranty? People that have it now. Let me know if its worth it. I just want something that wont kill my engine when i get to 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
It's a good kit,but don't be expecting massive power with it. People seem to be struggling to break the 300whp mark which to me isn't worth $4300. Not for the little baby turbo it comes with. Not worth it for me. I'd rather pick up a JRSC. With the right supporting mods you can hit damn near the same numbers but the power is instant and the install isn't nearly as much of a headache as a turbo kit. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ive had the greddy kit for almost a year and i have nothing but great things to say about it. as long as its installed properly and tuned properly with some other supporting mods 300+ is where u would be at. i spent 2800 on my kit and gt it installed with all my other parts for around 800. to me thats way better than any supercharger out period.

06 fg2
greddy kit w 370cc
skunk 2 70mm mega
straight pipe no cat
ing trq damp
stage 3 clutch w resurface and bronzed flywheel
ss w bushings.

i am planning on getting a bigger fuel pump and bigger inj to get a little more power out of the kit then ill prolly be done.

if ur going sc then ull have to spend alot more money to get this power but u always have the ability to upgrade the sc setup as the greddy kit max's at about 340hp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.