8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the GReddy turbo kit almost 2 years ago and have been adding to it ever since. I believe the little turbo has finally hit its limit. My shop just finished up installing and configuring the Hondata Boost Solenoid and it is amazing! Final numbers = 300WHP 237TQ =)

It is running stock boost from the wastegate on gears 1-2, then 10 pounds for gears 3-5 and 8 pounds for 6th gear. The injector duty cycle never goes over 69% and its holds low 11's for the AFR under WOT.

My next move will be a larger turbo of course but for now it really moves and I have terrific traction so I"m pretty happy :vtec: On to the pics and numbers...

Setup:
-Hondata Boost Solenoid
-Hondata Flashpro: Tuned by Import Hot Rod Garage
-AEM Wideband
-Apexi Turbo Timer
-Competition Stage 2 Clutch & Flywheel
-Custom 3" Turbo-back Exhaust-Vibrant muffler
-Akita AK-1 Hypersilver
-Nitto Neo-Gen
-RC Injectors (750cc)
-TurboXS BOV - RFL
-Ingalls TQ Damper

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I only got to this point from reading your posts and getting the inside scoop on what really works well with our cars. I have an amazing shop and tuner but even with that I still normally print out tips from you guys to help with any installs and tuning. 8thgen community rocks :dancing:

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Thanks guys! I only got to this point from reading your posts and getting the inside scoop on what really works well with our cars. I have an amazing shop and tuner but even with that I still normally print out tips from you guys to help with any installs and tuning. 8thgen community rocks :dancing:
Awesome, these guys got the greddy all figured out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks like the perfect street setup, power doesnt mean a damn thing if you cant get it to the ground!
I've built it for the twisties and it is nearly perfect for it. I just need to upgrade the brakes and tweak the suspension a little. But other then that I can't complain =)

·
Registered
623 Posts
what ur psi at i dynoed on the dyno dynamics as well at 7.5 psi hitting 250.3 whp/195lbs/tq using the flashpro...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what ur psi at i dynoed on the dyno dynamics as well at 7.5 psi hitting 250.3 whp/195lbs/tq using the flashpro...
I'm at 10 pounds on gears 3-5, 8 pounds for 6th and its at stock wastegate boost for 1st and 2nd.
To hit 300 with the GReddy kit(stock turbo) you need a killer tune, upgraded injectors, a boost controller or the HBS and as Nick stated a full 3" TBE.

·
Registered
892 Posts
very nice setup!! looks perfect for the twisties lots of low rpm torque :)

curious why you reduced boost in 6th gear to 8??

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
putting too much of a load on 6th is really rough on the internals. mine is about 6psi, you really don't use 6th for racing just cruising.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts