8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm gettin a catback exhaust system in a few days and was deciding on either the Greddy Ti-C or Skunk2 70mm. Really love the look of the Ti-C's tip too. Could the owners of both these systems help me out with information on sound and power?

And also will any of these catbacks throw a CEL?
Thanks 8th.

·
Banned
710 Posts
no it wont, i have the 70mm for my si, its great, so much performance out of that thing, its loud as hell too, and if u wanna be silent, the silencer keeps it completely shut

great overall, get the catback

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
im also deciding whiche one to get i dont like ti-c coz it angled too much for me im debating if i get 60mm or 70mm skunk2 i dont want so loud 70mm is loud exhaust heard it in person but what about the 60mm?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I would get the skunk2 but I'm a big fan of the angled muffler with a straight cut burnt tip like the ti-c...If they had a 70mm ti-c or something of that design 70mm i'd hit it

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have the greddy ti-c on my r18 coupe and i think it's SO loud. I heard the 60mm skunk2 is even louder, and the 70mm skunk2 is just ....

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
I have the Skunk2 70mm and i love it. It's true that it's loud, but you can also keep it quiet if you want, it's just hard. The Greddy is nice, but it will get more attention from the cops compared to the Skunk2, mainly because it's so noticeable that it's an aftermarket exhaust. I would go for the Skunk2 just because it sounds amazing, good power gains and a lot of people have it...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the way that tip looks on the Ti-C, damn but from what I hear the skunk2 has nice gains.

FREAK IT, im gettin the skunk2, atleast it has a silencer right? OK corsport, here I come! whee!!!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
i had both of them... skunk2 sounds better and it's better for high-end performance, but it's way too loud for my taste.. :( so i'd rather just go for greddy ti-c unless if you go for hondata reflash

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Skunk2 FTMFW the Best Sounding,Best Gains,Good Looks,When that VTAK cracks its game over but the Tic looks amazing but wont offer the same gains both are good choices.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys I just installed my skunk2 catback 70mm. As soon as I startyed the car the CEL came on. Anyone had this problem? Any help or advice please?

Where exactly are the sensors? 1 before the cat. and si there 1 after the cat?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
CEL shouldn't come on for a exhaust install..... Glad that you chose the skunk2 70mm though :thumb:

I see all of skunk2's spokespeople are hear to testify the product lmao

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Love the way that tip looks on the Ti-C, damn but from what I hear the skunk2 has nice gains.

FREAK IT, im gettin the skunk2, atleast it has a silencer right? OK SCtuned, here I come! whee!!!

Thanks everyone!

Your too kind. Were a authorized Skunk2 Distributor with these exhausts in stock at all times. :pics:

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Hey guys I just installed my skunk2 catback 70mm. As soon as I startyed the car the CEL came on. Anyone had this problem? Any help or advice please?

Where exactly are the sensors? 1 before the cat. and si there 1 after the cat?
Well i also got a CEL after installing mine but i had a few friends help me with it some how we nicked the O2 sensor near the cat so thats what caused my CEL you might want to check for that.

LOL ive been riding dirty with a CEL for like over 10k miles now :eek:hsnap:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts