8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm sorta new to this but ive been a fan of the fa5 for quite some time. About a month ago i picked up a 07 silver one and ive been in love ever since.

Now for my question about the sp2:

Our gov checks should be coming in soon, and ive been looking into picking up a GReddy sp2 exhaust (eventually a intake, header and ecu). So I browsed a couple of sites to see if could find one for a good price. Then a few days and a major disappointment later, I couldn't find one for the sedans. I HAVE found some for fa2 but it doesn't say anything about it being compatible with mine.

I would settle for a different one but the main reason why i choose the sp2 is because ive heard they're one of the quieter exhausts out there. That would be perfect considering i live in the city and the last thing i need is attention from cops. On top of that, friend of mine has a 07 sti with one and it sounds sexy (different cars i know, but still :p).

So... anyone know what i should do, or if i'm wrong and there IS one for the sedan =o.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
booooooooo, i was just about to post saying i checked it out on youtube and I actually like it a lot.

Oh well... THE SEARCH CONTINUES! =o

·
Premium Member
26,381 Posts
booooooooo, i was just about to post saying i checked it out on youtube and I actually like it a lot.

Oh well... THE SEARCH CONTINUES! =o
GReddy EVO2 is my favorite. I didn't like the way it fit on my sedan, even with the adapter. It's disappointing. :sadface:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
GReddy EVO2 is my favorite. I didn't like the way it fit on my sedan, even with the adapter. It's disappointing. :sadface:
If worse comes to worse, i could just grab a adapter like you did.

Edit: nvm, just saw your sig about the adapter:)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bleh I hate asking noob questions and being annoying lol, but lets say i do buy your adapter... would i then be able to install the sp2? =o

I'm very serious about this btw :)

·
Premium Member
26,381 Posts
You can install it just fine with the adapter. You will, however, have to bend the hangers some to prevent it from banging into your heat shield.

In case you are wondering--I got rid of the EVO2 + adapter setup because:
1. It takes quite a bit of bending and adjusting to make sure it doesn't rattle against the bottom of your car.
2. It is too big to fit beneath the rear lip that I plan to buy eventually, so I didn't have the patience to go through all that trouble on a temporary exhaust.

Click the pic in my signature for my build thread--I have pictures of the adapter and EVO2 install.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah ive seen your setup a few weeks back and it looks great! major props for self projects :)

and hmm, i guess i'm just better off picking up something else for it to fit. my only concern is the noise because i really don't want to be bothered with police.

thanks a bunch for the help!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts