8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my dad friend has a greddy kit on his car and is still running the drain plug set up...say the return line is clogged would the car start smoking from under the hood or would it start smoking out the tailpipe? i been tellin him to up grade the turbo line for a while time but he tells me that if it aint broke dont replace it.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
tell him to change out his drain line. if it still smoke then the oil feed with a .060 restrictor. and after all that if its still smoking he most likely needs seals aka rebuild.

by changing out the drain line i mean drill and tapping the oil pan and installing the proper oil return setup as opposed to that garbage setup the greddy kit comes with.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you..he kept tellin me that the greddy turbo is not ball bearing and doesnt need a restrictor and he doesnt wanna tap the oil pan just incase he needs to go bak to stock.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
he can put a plug into the tapped hole if he ever goes back to stock, its no big deal. we have super high oil pressure even the journal bearing turbos can use a restrictor, .060 is a win.

you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink it.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well im asking this for my own learning...im pretty sure hes running the feed line thru a oil sandwich plate would that lower the oil pressure on the feed line at all?

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
it won't lower it ar all, its just a means for tapping into the oil passages. fast-turbo.com (i think you have to go through hondatech to get ahold of those guys) has a really sweet oil feed return setup. alot of guys on here swear by it. I just pieced together my own setup from parts at atp turbo.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea for some reason he wont! but hes smoking now at idle..and wen i go to rev the car white grey blue smoke pours out. car is not drivable but still he says the turbo is bad. nothing eles it wrong. so ill let him deal wit the problem i guess but it could be bad seals not say it cant be.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
it could be, but thats why you try to fix it in steps. if its a oil return/oil restrictor issue then the rebuilt turbo will eventually smoke too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts