8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a greddy tic for a lx coupe and bought a fa5.. was wondering if anyone new were i could just purchase a greddy midpipe with the resonator? i can use my axle section but ill need the midpipe but i emailed greddy and still havent gotten a response..any help? would pay for the midpipe if anyone wants to sell it.. also have a little problem with the hfp side skirt not sticking on the driver front passenger fender.. any help on what i can do to make it stick better? thanks

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
cut adn weld on a flange to your greddy midpipe that you used on the LX. the exhaust is 100% the same until it reaches where the cat section is on the SI.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but when i look at pics of the greddy ti-c for the si i see that the midpipe has a resonator on it.. the r18 was jus strraight pipe to the rear.. i see that si exhaust systems(aftermarket) usually have a resonator installed.. dont wanna a rice sound.. the ti-c sounded so good on the r18 a nice deep tone and affraid if i install without a resonator it will be to loud and riced out..

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
but when i look at pics of the greddy ti-c for the si i see that the midpipe has a resonator on it.. the r18 was jus strraight pipe to the rear.. i see that si exhaust systems(aftermarket) usually have a resonator installed.. dont wanna a rice sound.. the ti-c sounded so good on the r18 a nice deep tone and affraid if i install without a resonator it will be to loud and riced out..
the same shop that can /cut/weld the exhaust flange ot fit the SI can add once of these
CorSport Online Store: Exhaust - Exhaust Components - 1793

only reason im recomending making the r18 exhaust fit is because chances are greddy will not sell jsut the midpipe.

if you dont want to go the cutting/welding way...sell your full r18 exhaust and buy the tic made for the si.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's true.. Well I was thinking if I sell the tic might wanna go with the skunk2 70mm cause it's cheaper.. About 150 cheaper but I'm freaking scared it's gonna be to loud and get tickets cause i wanna run a dcrh without cats and I know this will really be a loud setup..

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
don't mean to thread jack but does the greddy midpipe attach to a stock axleback no problem? OP if you could clear this up id really really appreciate it! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts