8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell me about that rumble.

what does this exhaust sound like inside the car, and under what circumstances (rpm, throttle) does it sound this way?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
the Evo2 is pretty quiet on the low end from inside the car but when you go into the VTEC zone it gets a deep throaty growl, usually WOT and VTEC does the trick.
From the inside thats about it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i have the evo 2. intake and vibrant HFC RH when i'm over 30% throttle its nice and throaty going through the revs and only picks up with more throttle.
very deep until vtec and then its got a crisp higher volume to it.
but the BEST part imo is. when im cruising 50mph + in 6th and i dont wanna hear it. i dont. windows up on the freeway with low throttle its barely louder then stock.
and none of that hideous drone that a loud exhaust would give. its Perfect imo.
would i buy an evo2 again? yup. and i'd pay more then i payed to get it.

could i make more power with a diff one since im gonna be boosting. probably.. but imo an extra 5hp isnt worth losing the great characteristics of this exhaust. even my friends that arent really into imports say my car sounds great when im leaving there house easy driving or getting on it. you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. what about with the windows open?

it's weird, even with the stock exhaust it sounds so much deeper at low rpm when i hear it from another si and i'm in my car. i hardly ever notice my own exhaust while inside my car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
mine would be here in a few days.. :vtec: i've heard great things about this exhaust, i used to have the sp2 on my rsx-s but i though it was on the quiet side for me, the sp2 sounds just like stock except on the wot. my friend has the evo2 and i think it sounds so sweet specially in person, you gotta hear it in person to realize that it's really nice. :thumb:

·
Registered
919 Posts
yep you need the atatchment or just have a shop weld in a 2in extension. I just ordered the adapter and evo2 same price it should be here this week

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
guys where are you getting the evo2 with adapter for $510 shipped?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
^ doesnt sound good lol, kevin (caveman74) had his on without the resonator for about a week, and it sounded horrible lol...IMO here is a dyno run of his without the resonator lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts