8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Ok i found a thread on clubrsx where the guy bought the cams when to put them in and they're about a millimeter too short and don't fit correctly.

Doubt i'll be buying these.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i found a thread on clubrsx where the guy bought the cams when to put them in and they're about a millimeter too short and don't fit correctly.

Doubt i'll be buying these.

I don't think it's greddy's mistake. They have to test this cams to a certain motor, how can they test it if it won't fit. The guy probably ordered the wrong one.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
dude the guy wasn't a dumbass. It was 100% the correct part number stamped onto the end of the cam.

Greddy's fault. The thread never seemed to get a resolution post, so whatever.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dude the guy wasn't a dumbass. It was 100% the correct part number stamped onto the end of the cam.

Greddy's fault. The thread never seemed to get a resolution post, so whatever.
It's possible that there's a mixed up for the part #

But no way that the cams won't fit.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have a feeling these are VERY mild and will not return what a different aftermarket cam would. I am assuming that is how they can get away with not having to upgrade the valvetrain, springs, retainers, etc. They must not increase lift that much.

I wonder how much different these are to the specs on a TSX since a lot of people say that you can use their cams and get a little more power out of our cars.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
it sounds like it has more aggressive non-vtec lobes (claiming more torque and what not across the power band), but probably not much if any bigger vtec lobes

regardless, it's impossible to tell without lift/duration measurements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts