8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
wow thats an awsome job eazy when i first saw your scratches i was like oh wow he cant fix that but when i saw the end product.. wow... all i have to say im saving that thread so if anything ever happens =) <-----hopefully never

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah I wish we could still see the pics b/c I need to fix one too, some jealous immature loser keyed my ride already...Do you think the dealer would touch it up for me when I go back for service? They still owe me gas anyway..

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
easy way: buy touch up paint, buy touch up kit.

fill in chip generously, use touch up kit ( usually some kind of solvent ), then use a VERY flat plastic edge to scrape off the excess fill.

Hard way: do it like the DIY said to do, pics arnt necessary.

EITHER WAY: DONT USE THE BOTTLE BRUSH, ive seen fingernail polish with better brushes

:pat:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did, but without the clear coat my touch up didn't match. So, I ordered base coat, clear coat and got the brush and I will give it another go with this DIY.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i tried langka on my 06 ex coupe, silver albaster, and it darkens the repair spot. took me several times for the langka to NOT take off all of the repair paint. and when it did work, it was not matching, too dark. in fact, I've concluded that silver alabaster is a ***** to work with. I finally mixed some clear coat touch up in with the silver touch up and that works pretty good.

here's what i've found that works so far:
using a paper punch,punch out circles of 220, 400, 800, 1000, 2000 grit.
glue the circles to the eraser ends of new pencils. I used contact cement, but that doesn't work for long. used JB weld and the circles stay on the erasers.
get your repair area flat, using an appropritate grit, use iso alcohol to clean.
put your paint on an artist brush, don't use the brush in the cap.
let it dry, use vary grits to smooth it down, and then I use a Meguiars cutting agent on a foam pad on an electric drill. Meguiars #2 fine cut cleaner is what I use, just ran out and checked, got it at OReillys.
the Meguiars gets rid of the fine sanding marks. and then load up a coat of wax or polish. I use Liquid Glass polish, but many others work well also.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts