8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In July we bought a Pilot. Last week I bought a Civic. Both were purchased from Gillman Honda in Houston with help from Robert Doolittle, the internet department manager. Robert has helped me with 4 Honda's over the years. He is honest and doesn't play games. If he tells you something will be done he works until he gets it done.

I got good deals on both vehicles. He gave me fair numbers and I bought the cars. He's working to make a living too. I find those people who constantly play dealer to dealer and beat the last $100 out of their salesman quite distasteful. Why shouldn't the salesman make a reasonable living? Would you want to get paid for 2 hours less than you worked because your company's customer beat them down that last little bit?

If you are in the market for a Honda and in the Houston area, Robert is the guy to talk to. If you are a fair person he can get your deal closed in a matter of minutes. If you're a chiseling tightwad it will take a little longer but if it can be done he'll get it done.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ok i'll bite....this is your first post in this community and you use it to advertise a sales associate and dealership...without posting any actual facts about the sales. 0 numbers. I mean if it was such a great deal you woulda came here saying I got my civic for so and so out the door...wow unbelievable.

something tells me you're not going to be making much more posts after this one...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
y2kedar said:
ok i'll bite....this is your first post in this community and you use it to advertise a sales associate and dealership...without posting any actual facts about the sales. 0 numbers. I mean if it was such a great deal you woulda came here saying I got my civic for so and so out the door...wow unbelievable.

something tells me you're not going to be making much more posts after this one...
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
i demand a lockage for SPAM

99% of us paid higher numbers as is....no need to start crap abt a salespersons life.

Maybe u wouldve appreciated it ... if we bought our cars for 27K... and still tell abt how sales shouldve made more money.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
my salesperson didnt play games with me because i told him i wasnt looking to buy a civic, but i wanted to test drive one on my lunch break lol. we cruised around, got lunch together after since he was a chill guy, then i ended up doing him a favor and buying the car :) 500 under invoice, including destination charges.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eliptik said:
His IP address saids he's using a computer in Houston at Gillman Honda.
Not sure where you're getting your info but I'm about 30 miles from Gillman's and not affiliated with them other than as a satisfied customer. Unless they've hacked my lowly home system there's no connection by IP either. Silly me, thinking perhaps someone might be interested in knowing who an honest salesperson is since those seem few and far between.

What someone paid OTD is meaningless unless you are in the same state and perhaps even the same county since taxes etc. are different by state and sometimes even by county. Why bother asking a meaningless number? The base price before taxes, fees etc. is the only nationally meaningful number.

I got my Honda's for $100 over invoice minus Honda cash, if that really matters. Considering the warm and friendly reception and welcome I can't imagine how anyone would ever leave this place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LDB said:
Not sure where you're getting your info but I'm about 30 miles from Gillman's and not affiliated with them other than as a satisfied customer. Unless they've hacked my lowly home system there's no connection by IP either. Silly me, thinking perhaps someone might be interested in knowing who an honest salesperson is since those seem few and far between.

What someone paid OTD is meaningless unless you are in the same state and perhaps even the same county since taxes etc. are different by state and sometimes even by county. Why bother asking a meaningless number? The base price before taxes, fees etc. is the only nationally meaningful number.

I got my Honda's for $100 over invoice minus Honda cash, if that really matters. Considering the warm and friendly reception and welcome I can't imagine how anyone would ever leave this place.
What is the "honda cash" on the 07 civic? How much of an incentive?

-looking to buy.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
LDB just look again at ur post from a nuetral point of view.

No numbers.

We are not ashamed to tell people how much we bought our cars for OTD.

I dont know what Invoice price is... its different for many dealers....

Once again how much did u get it for OTD...... say it clearly.

or u can remain calm... and eat pizza.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not ashamed but OTD is meaningless unless you are in the same taxing authority as someone else. You take the price and add tax, title, license, this fee, that fee, the other fee, etc. and get an OTD price. All those add on numbers are different from one place to the next. The only number that means anything is the base sale price which I clearly stated at $100 over invoice minus the Honda money. You can do your own arithmetic from there and get the OTD that is correct for your area.

OK, I take it back. OTD isn't quite meaningless. It is actually good for a laugh when you see one person in Podunk crying over how much less another guy's OTD was in Timbuktu when the tax rate is double in Podunk and he really paid $300 less than the guy in Timbuktu but because they are totally fixated on OTD instead of base sale price neither one knows what they really paid.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
i live in TX im sure I have an IDEA.

Diff dealership in TX gave me different invoice numbers.

but seems like u wont name the price.....

different dealerships = diff Honda Numbers = diff pricing = NO ARITHMETICS/statistics can determine what u paid.

if u think im trying to pull ur leg... dont reply... and dont look down on 8th.... we live in a realistic world.

·
Registered
309 Posts
lol nah, ban LDB!! he won't admit he's the salesperson himself, and not saying how much his OTD price was is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My car cost $8088 OTD. Are you all quite happy now? Oh, did I mention I had a paid for trade in? You guys just can't stand it that your precious OTD number means nothing specifically because of differences in taxes etc. as well as trade ins. Price and cost are 2 different numbers. Once more, the price of my car was invoice, $16944 plus $100 minus $800 from Honda. A whole lot of other numbers later and my OTD was $8088.49. YIPPEE, another meaningless OTD number posted on the internet.

I am still glad to have found this forum. I did find a thread addressing my uncertainty about 225-50/16 tires on my 07.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OH, and you get different invoice cost numbers depending on which batch the car is from. Almost every car has at least 2 different invoice amounts during the course of a model year, at least from everything I've ever found in extensive online car shopping.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts