8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we all know these are great cars but even they could use a few changes to be even better. What's on your list of suggestions? Here are mine so far.

1. add fuel gauge markings at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4

2. put a catch on the sliding armrest to lock it in the full forward or back position and perhaps the half way point as well

3. put a tone generator in to signal the doors being locked rather than the horn beeping on the second button press. that way if a door isn't shut tight you'll know when you think you're locking the doors.

4. make the center console storage area deeper so you not only get more storage in there but also have an armrest high enough to use while holding the wheel

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
1. Can you not just tell when it's 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 of the way full? It's pretty easy to gauge these measurements.

2. I don't even slide it cuz it gets in the way of the cupholders.

3. It won't even lock if any of the doors are open...sooo if you don't hear the horn beep you know something is going on.

4. I dunno..I don't keep that much stuff stored in my car other than insurance info and some miscelaneous paper work..

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
trogers8 said:
1. Can you not just tell when it's 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 of the way full? It's pretty easy to gauge these measurements.

2. I don't even slide it cuz it gets in the way of the cupholders.

3. It won't even lock if any of the doors are open...sooo if you don't hear the horn beep you know something is going on.

4. I dunno..I don't keep that much stuff stored in my car other than insurance info and some miscelaneous paper work..
tru...when the light comes on u get fuel

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't really start the thread to hear what's wrong with the things I'd like. I wanted to hear what others would like to improve their already great car even further. In any event, here's your answers.

I can tell when it's about 1/4 etc. but with 20 little squares it would be much clearer and easier at a fast glance with markings... or maybe a different color for each quarter's segment.

Even fully extended the front cupholder is not blocked at all, at least for me in my car.

I know but I don't always want to honk the loud horn. Something less obtrusive on the first press and the horn on the second in case you want to double check from 50 feet away if you locked it or not.

Even if you don't put anything inside it still would be nice to have the armrest high enough to use while holding the wheel.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Oh sorry I didn't realize you wanted our suggestions as well, my bad.

Well the only suggestion I have is to make the paint a little more durable. My front end looks like I've owned the car for 5 years, when in reality I've only had it for a little over one year.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
My suggestion would be for Honda to do more R&D on our civics. Honda desperately needs to fix the paint,interior quality,overall quality of the civic in general. Honda needs to fix and improve the whole car completely.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
I really really would like to see xenons standard in the Si.

Would like a round exhaust instead of the oval look.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
06CivEXJon said:
My suggestion would be for Honda to do more R&D on our civics. Honda desperately needs to fix the paint,interior quality,overall quality of the civic in general. Honda needs to fix and improve the whole car completely.
its still a civic.. you cant expect too much.. but i do agree on the paint

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I'll agree about the gas markings. Wouldn't take but so much effort to put on some little tick marks on the gauge, right?

I wish water wouldn't trickle off the roof into the front driver and passenger windows when I have it down and come to a stop. My Miata used to do the same thing. Maybe I'll stop coming to a stop.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ive been on other forums and most people seem to complain about the factory paint. i dont really see it as that big of an issue, paints going to chip regardless.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well... I really love my Civic, but some improvements I would make are

1. Side Door Grab Handles: the coupe has them, and I really wish the Sedan did too for when I'm taking turns like a bat out of hell

2. the ability to lower the windows with the keyfob. The 07 Accords have this feature so you can air out the car before you arrive. That would really help for when the sun has superheated my steering wheel and shift knob.

3. seperation glass to divide the front and rear passengers. The whole point of me getting the Si Sedan was because I have a niece that's a year old. When she starts crying and kicking I would like to put up my privacy glass and toss a can of sleeping gas in the back seat to shut her up. This feature would also help for when backseat passengers are telling me to slow down.

4. the ability to download video games onto my navigation system. When I'm sitting at a red light I would like to play the original versions of Double Dragon and Tron. Even Megaman 1, 2, and 3 would be good.

5. A different tone for the horn. Everything about the Si says badass except for the horn. I don't even honk at people anymore, I just roll down the window and shout or use hand motions to communicate. :redface:

6. In-Door cupholders. Again, the Accord and several of Honda's other cars have can holders molded right into the door. A small touch but I would like it in the Civic too.

7. Either a cloaking device that hides it from snoopy eyes while I'm away or a bug zapper type feature that shocks anything that touches the car while I'm not around. I hate parking my car and going to sleep or to work and coming back to see small nicks and scratches from people's shopping carts or someone bumped me trying to fit into a too-small space. I would like my Civic to defend itself from the heathens! :box:

um, that's about it. For what it was intended for I think Honda got it right with the Civic as a whole. I plan to keep mine until the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Gamera said:
1. Side Door Grab Handles: the coupe has them, and I really wish the Sedan did too for when I'm taking turns like a bat out of hell
huh? mine has these

Gamera said:
2. the ability to lower the windows with the keyfob. The 07 Accords have this feature so you can air out the car before you arrive. That would really help for when the sun has superheated my steering wheel and shift knob.
would be nice, but I could see myself sitting in class in a rainy day, and something in my pocket hitting the key, then I come out later and my car is filled with water

Gamera said:
3. seperation glass to divide the front and rear passengers. The whole point of me getting the Si Sedan was because I have a niece that's a year old. When she starts crying and kicking I would like to put up my privacy glass and toss a can of sleeping gas in the back seat to shut her up. This feature would also help for when backseat passengers are telling me to slow down.
lol, that would be funny, but take up a lot of room, maybe its time for a DIY

Gamera said:
4. the ability to download video games onto my navigation system. When I'm sitting at a red light I would like to play the original versions of Double Dragon and Tron. Even Megaman 1, 2, and 3 would be good.
Major law suits

Gamera said:
5. A different tone for the horn. Everything about the Si says badass except for the horn. I don't even honk at people anymore, I just roll down the window and shout or use hand motions to communicate. :redface:
agreed, WTF did they put such a wimpy horn on the Si and s2k for?

Gamera said:
6. In-Door cupholders. Again, the Accord and several of Honda's other cars have can holders molded right into the door. A small touch but I would like it in the Civic too.
interesting, never knew the accord this, and there is an '05 EX V6 sitting in the driveway, if you really want these it seems like it could be a pretty easy DIY

Gamera said:
7. Either a cloaking device that hides it from snoopy eyes while I'm away or a bug zapper type feature that shocks anything that touches the car while I'm not around. I hate parking my car and going to sleep or to work and coming back to see small nicks and scratches from people's shopping carts or someone bumped me trying to fit into a too-small space. I would like my Civic to defend itself from the heathens! :box:
you could get that burner thing

Gamera said:
um, that's about it. For what it was intended for I think Honda got it right with the Civic as a whole. I plan to keep mine until the wheels fall off.
in that case you can DIY improvements as much as you want without having to worry about resale :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
To TJ213:

1. My Si Sedan doesn't have the door grab handles. It has a arm rest on the door with the buttons for the windows and mirrors, but not handle for me to hold onto for those "oh sh*t" moments.

2. to roll the windows down, you hit the unlock button once, and then twice, and hold it down, that prevents you from accidentally rolling your windows down. you'd have to have the worst karma in the world if you accidentally had something roll your windows down. :)

I actually wouldn't change my car for the world. I was just joking / nit-picking because as humans we are never satisfied.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Gamera said:
To TJ213:

1. My Si Sedan doesn't have the door grab handles. It has a arm rest on the door with the buttons for the windows and mirrors, but not handle for me to hold onto for those "oh sh*t" moments.

2. to roll the windows down, you hit the unlock button once, and then twice, and hold it down, that prevents you from accidentally rolling your windows down. you'd have to have the worst karma in the world if you accidentally had something roll your windows down. :)

I actually wouldn't change my car for the world. I was just joking / nit-picking because as humans we are never satisfied.
okay, I thought you were talking about the ones on the roof, mine doesn't have those either.

I've used it on the accord accidentally once, thankfully it was in the garage, was like WTF? when I got in there and then checked the manual. Having a RAZR and a big key chain in one pocket does wierd things.

Si is a great car, but definatly isn't perfect, for one a garage opener would have been nice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, I don't have a garage :(

I'm thinking that Honda felt the target market of the Civic wouldn't have houses that nice. Who knows what goes on at HQ

but yeah, I could name a few things about the Si, but again I just remember that as humans we will never be satisfied. We will always want more power, better gas milage, etc. etc. So I try not to complain too much and appreciate what I have.

everytime I get out of my car I stare at it for a minute or two, appreciate the paint and the design of the car in general. It beats the snot out of my first two cars, those being a Corrola and a Ford Focus.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I would not want the center console higher. Its at a good height to shift now, putting it higher could get in the way. Guess it also depends on your seat height, mines just about the lowest it could be.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Agnt004 said:
I would not want the center console higher. Its at a good height to shift now, putting it higher could get in the way. Guess it also depends on your seat height, mines just about the lowest it could be.
+1, I even find it annoying to to have the console slid forward when I'm shifting.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Shouldn't both hands be on the wheel, especially during those white knuckle moments, and not on a grab handle? It could be good for the passenger who doesn't have the wheel to hold onto though.

I have my seat as high as it goes so the armrest is way too low for me. I guess it needs to be height adjustable or perhaps go up/down along with the seat.

There are so many things that would be nice. All of them add to the cost though and I guess they try to find that happy point where there's lots of nice stuff but not too high a cost. I really like my car as well as anything I can think of. My dad's DTS is nicer but also double the price of my LX. I looked at several others and didn't see anything else as nice for the money.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
yeah the fuel gauge pisses me off
i never am quite sure where it really should be
its says full for like 50 miles then goes to 2/3 all of the sudden
but you cant see the front or back of the car either

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Gamera said:
Well... I6. In-Door cupholders. Again, the Accord and several of Honda's other cars have can holders molded right into the door. A small touch but I would like it in the Civic too.
Try these

1 - 20 of 48 Posts