8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So I'm finally going to get some new shoes. At first I was set on the 57S Pro, but then the GP came into the picture. They both look very similar with 7 spokes. I know that the GP weighs 17.75lbs(King Motorsports) or 16.5 (College Hill Honda) each (18x7.5), but there's not a lot of info on the 57S. Does anyone have any info to help me make a decision? Or does it even matter which I choose since they are so similar. This may be a stupid thread, but I'm a little stuck in the middle.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Get the GP's, they look sooo good in person. I couldn't stop looking at them this morning when I was at the dealer gawking at the Mugen Si.

Offtopic - Thanks again for the CF grill, it looks awesome on my TW FA5.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Where did you get the CF grill from? It looks great.

By the way, thats a touch decision on the wheels. They both look great, but the GPs will fit with no issues, since it was made for our cars.

·
Registered
522 Posts
57s pro!!!!! they are hot and a lot of people are getting and planning on getting the gp so..... just my opinion

im not sure about fitments though but if the 57s fit then for sure thats my pick, like cornerstrike said the GP's fit great

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
02civicsi... Dude... that grill looks sick on your car. I bought another one for the coupe, but that didn't turn out so well.... It's in my ride thread if you're curious about what happpened. I am leaning towards the GP, even though a lot of people are planning on getting them.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Your CF grill matches well with your CF hood. Seeing how the CF grill matches so well with the CF hood only makes me want to get a CF hood even more. Sucks you had issues with it though. Did NRG send you a new one?

GP's fo sho. They look just sick in person.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
the 57s weigh in at 20.5lbs i think in the 18" version. HEY! i see Joey's red civic in that pic with the white one.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Nathen said:
the 57s weigh in at 20.5lbs i think in the 18" version. HEY! i see Joey's red civic in that pic with the white one.
Wow the 57s are fat pigs. There you go 20.5lbs(57s) or 16.6lbs(GP).

Correct about Joey's FA5.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
JeShUa said:
The 57s Pro will be considerably less since its a cast wheel (2 piece) vs the Mugen forged wheel. It all comes down to which you like better.. the webbing on the Mugen or the polished lip. :thumb:

get the mugens for that reason

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I'll be going with Mugen unless my friend ever calls me back about the price check for the 57S Pros and they cost a lot less. They both look the same. I just saw pictures of the 57S in the intro section and it looks so similar to the GP from a distance. Plus it seems like the GP weighs less. Even though a lot of people are planning on getting the GP, I was already planning on getting the 57S look for a while now. Plus Mugen and Honda goes hand-in-hand. So I guess the rims will be coming next week. I just need to find out where I can buy some BFG G-Force for a good price and mount them too. I saw them on tire rack for about 6 bills. Anyone know any other places or how much it costs to mount tires?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Check Sam's club, there is one in Irvine.

16555 Von Karman Ave.
Irvine, CA 92606
Club #6618
949-553-9466

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
02civicsi said:
Your CF grill matches well with your CF hood. Seeing how the CF grill matches so well with the CF hood only makes me want to get a CF hood even more. Sucks you had issues with it though. Did NRG send you a new one?

GP's fo sho. They look just sick in person.
Dude.... I feel so cheated... After FedEx lost my package, they told me to file a claim, but 2 weeks after that, they find it and they said that they delivered it to the company. The problem is that the company told me in the beginning that I had to give it to them within 14 days after the return was authorized which is way overdue now. The company keeps saying that the problem is between me and FedEx and FedEx keeps telling me that there's nothing they can do about it once the item as been found. So I can't get a return and FedEx won't pay for the insured item because it has been found. I really want the grill. So I going to try to call Speed Fantasy and talk to them again before I accept my loss and buy another grill. But overall, it's just a lot of bad luck. The only thing I can do if Speed Fantasy doesn't honor my return is to just learn from my mistakes and make sure the grill in held on by an adhesive and the screws this time around so that even if the mounting points crack, the grill won't fall off. Live and learn right?

On the bright side, I already have my JDM emblem ready to put on the new grill that I get. :dancing:

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
That location does tires & batteries. Yeah you're going to need a membership. Theoretically they are the same in the sense that they are both wholesale clubs but each one requires you to be a member. If you have Costco go there because they fill their tires with nitrogen. Do you know anyone with a membership to any wholesale clubs?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts