8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just accepted to Graduate School--Boston University. I'll be starting the Master of Music Education program this fall. The best thing about it is that my current employer (I'm a teacher) is paying for it! It's all online. So, I'm teaching full-time in southern California and going to school full-time online. It's going a be a busy 17 months of my life. But, I'm excited! That's all. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,798 Posts
Haha awesome, congrats man. The free things really are the best in life. Are you expecting a pretty good salary bump after you complete the course? That would be even better - free schooling and more money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Vtec said:
Are you expecting a pretty good salary bump after you complete the course?
Yep! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Congrats! I hope I have the same fortune in store for me when I apply for graduate (pharmacy) school.

+rep!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the support guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Awesome dude!

I start in January at UNT for my first MBA (going to complete 2), then on to the doctorate. My life is over for the next 6 years :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TommyD said:
Awesome dude!

I start in January at UNT for my first MBA (going to complete 2), then on to the doctorate. My life is over for the next 6 years :D
Congrats man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
ccarbajal08 said:
Congrats man!
Thanks, starting school on Tuesday to renew my Cisco Certifications. Taking classes at the local junior college. I'm not looking forward to all the time required (the classes are loooooooong) but as a 33 year old man I will be enjoying all the young attractive females walking around. Just during registration for this place I saw a BUNCH of them, one still in her Hooters outfit from work. I have a house and a pool with a 10 foot privacy fence....this should be quite fun :D This semester is to get me ready for January. I'm taking a GMAT prep course late next month as well. Damn it's here already :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
TommyD said:
Thanks, starting school on Tuesday to renew my Cisco Certifications. Taking classes at the local junior college. I'm not looking forward to all the time required (the classes are loooooooong) but as a 33 year old man I will be enjoying all the young attractive females walking around. Just during registration for this place I saw a BUNCH of them, one still in her Hooters outfit from work. I have a house and a pool with a 10 foot privacy fence....this should be quite fun :D This semester is to get me ready for January. I'm taking a GMAT prep course late next month as well. Damn it's here already :(

Pics or BS :laughing:

Congrats to the OP and anyone else pursuing higher education. It was in my plans as well, but on hold as of right now. I like the whole idea of your employer paying for it though... :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mrheeee said:
Congratulations!!!

I actually just started dental school at Boston University. Also attended undergrad there as well. :)
Congrats too! I did my undergrad at Berklee College on Mass Ave. Then I moved back to Southern CA to teach in 2003. I've been out of school for a while. I hope to get back into the swing of things.

BTW, did you ever go to the Taco Bell on BUs campus? I did!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Si_Chick said:
Pics or BS :laughing:

Congrats to the OP and anyone else pursuing higher education. It was in my plans as well, but on hold as of right now. I like the whole idea of your employer paying for it though... :thumb:
Thank you very much. My pocketbook likes that they are paying as well :)

What are you up to these days?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
ccarbajal08 said:
Congrats too! I did my undergrad at Berklee College on Mass Ave. Then I moved back to Southern CA to teach in 2003. I've been out of school for a while. I hope to get back into the swing of things.

BTW, did you ever go to the Taco Bell on BUs campus? I did!

hahaha taco bell, the one that's underneath one of the dorms...

I lived there freshman year. Interestingly, I've never eaten there. hahaha not a big taco bell fan. I ate a lot of nud pob however. It was a little thai restaurant one block over.

I pass Berklee all the time. I live on main campus but the medical campus is down mass ave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
ccarbajal08 said:
Thank you very much. My pocketbook likes that they are paying as well :)

What are you up to these days?
I actually just finished my undergrad at the end of April. At first I thought I had to go back to school right away, but the more I think about it a break isn't so bad.
Right now I've just been working over the summer at the same job I had when I was in school. I applied to go to college actually, but that wouldn't start until January, so waiting to hear back.
I'm also going to send my stuff in for the government's bi-annual recruiting...
So a bit of sitting and waiting for the moment :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Si_Chick said:
Pics or BS :laughing:

Congrats to the OP and anyone else pursuing higher education. It was in my plans as well, but on hold as of right now. I like the whole idea of your employer paying for it though... :thumb:
I don't bullshit about anything. Real Texans are straight talking fools that don't take **** from anyone :D

Pic of my 8th next to said fence.

http://www.davinbrown.com/bb/SI_1.JPG

Vid of it pissing rain from my back porch with a view of the pool.
(right click, save as)
http://www.davinbrown.com/bb/pissing.AVI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Undispu7ed said:
Online classes are fun, sometimes better than going to class IMO. You get to skip all that boring ass lecturing!
I agree. I took the "virtual student orientation" tonight. I skipped "how to send and attach assignments to emails" lectures.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top