8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to work Friday. August 17th. at @ 2:40pm, I exit off i-95 onto the Callowhill exit in Philly. one block later, I hear a thumping noise. it aint going away. But it wasn't getting louder so it wasn't a flat. I drive 3 more blocks, make it to my parking garage, park the car and check each tire.
Low and behold...right front tire has a massive bolt stuck in its tread. ( first tread. right next to the sidewall. ). after extensive cursing, I went in to work ( I work at the CBS television station here in Philly ). On my lunch break, I called up the roadside assist, stupidly thinking I have the 24 hour roadside assistance right? wrong!! I guess that service comes with the extended warranty but when I called Honda Roadside assitance and gave them my car's vin #, they said I wasn't covered and didn't have it. ( when I bought my car, I only got the regular warranty and opted not to get the extended warranty ). So I had a few of my co workers help me out changing my tire ( I checked the bolt and while the tire was still fully inflated, the bolt was easily moveable and then you could hear the hiss of the air coming out ).
Drove home real slow on the spare tire.
Yesterday ( Saturday) went to 3 tire places to see if the tire could be patched. nope. too close to the sidewall. So then I debated whether or not to ditch the oem tires and get the Pirelli pzero nero m+s's ( my 05 RSX type S had em and they were awesome ) but since my 07 Si is brand new ( got it in June, only has 3,500 miles on it ) I chose to just order one new oem michelin tire. tomorrow ( Monday) getting the tire put on. about $200 and change.
< My game plan is to wait until November to then buy some winter tires. putting them on the stock rims. Then sometime over the winter months, buying 18" HFP rims and put the Pirelli's on them. Have been debating over whether or not to buy another set of stock 17's specifically for the winter time and putting the Pirelli's on my stock's. But the 18" HFP rims are gorgeous on a FBP Civic. So in the end, I still might buy another set of stock 17's so I can have 3 sets of tires. <
Not to happy with Honda about the roadside asst. When I got my Acura I had the Acura 24 hr service but maybe thats b/c I also opted to get the extended warranty? in any event, no use in cryin over spilled milk, I joined AAA the other night.
So if any of you fellow Si owners live in the Philly area, be careful driving in and around Philly streets and try to best avoid nails and bolts in the streets!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be calling my dealership up today ( Monday ) and askin them. I am curious though b/c I never got an i.d. card like I did when I got my Acura. They gave me a credit card sized i.d. with the Acura roadside info on it. But my Honda never got that. Pisses me off about that. In any event, I joined AAA so I'm covered that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts