8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Civic LX with thirty-something thousand miles. At about 20,000 miles I had to have the engine block replaced...and now I have an oil leak?

Anyone else having these problems with their relatively NEW Honda?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I feel your pain... http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50296

I talked to my service manager & showed him pics of my leak. They kept the car all day only to say they couldn't find it. They put dye in my oil & told me to come back in a month. Amazing how I can totally clean the area, drive to work & back and clearly see evidence of the leak.

Considering the "Honda-bond" is used almost everywhere & I doubt they allowed it to cure 3 hours, I wonder how many other leaks I'll find with the their dye & my black light. I really don't want them taking parts of my engine apart again. I'm considering doing it myself so its done right.

I think of trading it in almost everyday now - but I'm addicted to getting 35+ mpg doing 65 mph with a/c on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cobra9244 said:
Reliability is one of the major factors I choose HONDA......
Yeah, tell me about it. I can't believe what I'm experiencing. I had a 1992 Accord and all I remember for the first few years or so was ....maintenance. Drove over 225,000 miles on that car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jetcat said:
I feel your pain... http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50296

I talked to my service manager & showed him pics of my leak. They kept the car all day only to say they couldn't find it. They put dye in my oil & told me to come back in a month. Amazing how I can totally clean the area, drive to work & back and clearly see evidence of the leak.

Considering the "Honda-bond" is used almost everywhere & I doubt they allowed it to cure 3 hours, I wonder how many other leaks I'll find with the their dye & my black light. I really don't want them taking parts of my engine apart again. I'm considering doing it myself so its done right.

I think of trading it in almost everyday now - but I'm addicted to getting 35+ mpg doing 65 mph with a/c on.
I will be seeing the dealer this Thursday...unfortunately, because I moved to another state, it won't be the same dealer that replaced the engine block. However, I will bring all of the paperwork with me.

I am hoping the leak is nothing major, but I don't have a lot of faith considering I had an engine block replaced at 20,000 miles...and now I'm at 40,000 miles. Thankfully, if it is major, I am still under warranty, but I am noticing a pattern here.....the next 20,000 miles puts me at 60,000....

What do you think you'd get if you traded it in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
bayleepetrie said:
I will be seeing the dealer this Thursday...unfortunately, because I moved to another state, it won't be the same dealer that replaced the engine block. However, I will bring all of the paperwork with me.

I am hoping the leak is nothing major, but I don't have a lot of faith considering I had an engine block replaced at 20,000 miles...and now I'm at 40,000 miles. Thankfully, if it is major, I am still under warranty, but I am noticing a pattern here.....the next 20,000 miles puts me at 60,000....

What do you think you'd get if you traded it in?
**** man i have to see the dealer tomorrow morning to get.
Undercarriage resprayed (its completely peeling off!)
the black piece on the door panel by the mirror on the inside is loose and feels like it will come off
passenger side dash panel is popping off
weatherstripping by the windshield is lifting up
sunroof looks like its flexing downward
and i have a bolt that might of fell off my car

I dont have any engine problems and im only at 10,600 miles! WTF HONDA get your **** toghether. After im done with this bullshit from the stealer i dont think ill be considering another Honda anytime soon. On top of that there is only one Honda dealer in the springs and they only have a shuttle service and no loaner cars!!!! WTF!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
bayleepetrie said:
I have a 2006 Civic LX with thirty-something thousand miles. At about 20,000 miles I had to have the engine block replaced...and now I have an oil leak?

Anyone else having these problems with their relatively NEW Honda?
I'm having the same issue at the moment. Just had my car up on the rack(not the dealer) to have a nail in my tire removed & repaired. The mechanic told me I had a really bad leak from the engine and showed it to me. It's ugly. It's in the area around the oil pan/plug/pump. Took it to the dealer, and they're being real jerks about it since I haven't been getting my oil changes done there. They said the filter probably wasn't tightened enough, causing oil to spray all over the place. Now I have to go have my engine cleaned and bring it back in. The whole experience hasn't left me with a very warm fuzzy feeling. :( I have 26,500 miles on the car right now.

ENGINE-LEAK.JPG
ENGINE-LEAK3.JPG
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top