8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have to say is.....its loud as shiet!!.purrrrs like a cat.Everything is great but its too loud.I'm afraid of getting pulled over by the po's.My girlfriend hates it.....lol.For the people that have the skunk2.Does it get quiter as it breaks in a couple of days?.I heard after 2 weeks it has a deeper tone.

·
Registered
743 Posts
is this the 60 or 70mm? i always wonder, what is the difference between these two exhausts? is 70mm for a heavier modded setup? if 70mm used on a stock Si, would it loose potential hp gain from the exhaust itself?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aw crap im in northern virginia.And i got the 70 mm exhaust.And low to mid range power has increased on my vehicle.All i have moded i nst pulleys and exhaust.Waiting for X's exhsaust.Then i will put on the silencer.Hopefully that helps.I havent tried it on yet.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Yeah... they are definitely going to be your new best friend. I would suggest using the silencer often then. Theres another guy who lives in Alexandria who has the 70mm. He's been lucky thus far to not get pulled over for it yet.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
All I have to say is.....its loud as shiet!!.purrrrs like a cat.Everything is great but its too loud.I'm afraid of getting pulled over by the po's.My girlfriend hates it.....lol.For the people that have the skunk2.Does it get quiter as it breaks in a couple of days?.I heard after 2 weeks it has a deeper tone.
Sry but no it wont get much quieter ive had mine on for over 10k and its still loud as **** the silencer def helps alot though :thumb:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys when i put on the silencer its really hard after to take off.Can i put some kind of lubricant so after i use it i can take it off easier.And if i can wut kind of lube can i use?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
hey guys when i put on the silencer its really hard after to take off.Can i put some kind of lubricant so after i use it i can take it off easier.And if i can wut kind of lube can i use?
What I did when I tried it to test the sound was grab a set of plyers to grab onto the silencer lip and pull. That seemed to work best.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
I'm starting to debate on whether or not to get this one, if I do get an exhaust. It seems to be the only exhaust out right now that is in the general direction I want, albeit a bit too loud. Wish I could hear one in person so I could decide for myself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.