8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this done last weekend finally have time to take some picture.

the Strut Bar is from a RSX Rear Strut, and the bracket is Homemade(Myself) will fit FG2 as well

Pretty got this idea from the J's racing Rear Strut Bar for the FD2

Enjoy the picture,

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
not so sure how much of a "brace" it is as it appears to be sitting on the rubber bushings, but props for doing it yourself.. it looks like an off-the-shelf part :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea Im not sure this will do anything too cause is raining in CA and I can really test it out, but later I will add two tie bar kind of bar to the chassic cause I have an extra on the bracket

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
At the very least you are helping to stimulate the economy, because you certainly aren't going to stimulate handling that way.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is how the j's racing one look like

well they made this bar for a reason I guess

·
Registered
46 Posts
rear upper strut bar

kenua6..... I wonder if you still have those brackets you made and if you are willing to sell them and for how much and to ship to 33183 Miami, Florida???????

·
Banned
28,158 Posts

this is a strut brace - the above is an expensive piece of metal.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
At the very least you are helping to stimulate the economy, because you certainly aren't going to stimulate handling that way.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well.....that what i think too but I could feel the different tho

and this one is not a civic right?(correct me if im wrong)
Its all in your head.

·
Registered
929 Posts

this is a strut brace - the above is an expensive piece of metal.
:yeahthat:

considering there's no "strut" there just the damper (the spring is under the car) these things really make me laugh (and cost valuable trunk space) there are absolutely zero sideways loads on the stock damper and the part in the first post wouldn't even make a good chassis brace.

·
Banned
28,158 Posts
to the questions - it's off a e36 m3 with a true rear coilover

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
looks like that brace jrotax101 posted is stable since you'd have to drill into the sides to brace it more..looks like hes in the process of doing that cause he's center punching the hole

1 - 20 of 21 Posts