8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i payed 2g's.. the front shocks are blown and needs a power steering hose.
the little old lady i got it from manged to put 103k and said it was time for a new one. but if anyone can tell me anything i need to watch out for with these. let me know. all i know is hondas.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
There is nothing wrong with those cars, those G20s are basically rebadged Nissan Primeras and share the same SR20DE family motor found in Silvias/200sx albeit sans the turbo. Definitely a good deal seeing how there are not very many small cars built in 1993 that offered ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, sunroof, keyless entry, and an optional LSD.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
byink....what was i supposet to get with 2g's.... a 93 accord beat to hell with 250k on it.
but anyways just order the shocks, power steering hose, power anitana, and a ebay sir. looking to get some rims but not sure weither or not to get 15's or 17's being i'm not lowering it.

it new to her cause she had to get a 92 nissan pu to get to work when her 05 hyndi tib gt was wreaked.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Nice. Now just swap in a SR20DET and you're ready to go. I've owned 2 SR20DE powered cars (NX2000, SE-R) and they were both rock solid. The SE-R was turbocharged and was still running strong at 252K.

·
Registered
122 Posts
GREAT CARS!!!! I had a 96 nissan 200sx se-r and absolutly loved it. If your not planning on modifing it there really isn't to much to worrie about. Sorry I didn't see if it was maunal or auto?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was just wondering if there is anything i need to look for.....kinda like recal related things or like the rear tires know for falling off....that sorta deal

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Its like a glorified sentra, which isnt necissarly a bad thing. Your girl should like it, its more of a lady car. But then again she might not. Next time let your girl pick out her own car.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Haha , no its just that i see alot of car ads on craigslist, and the main reason is "GF doesnt like the car" or " GF cant learn how to drive stick"
Im not sure if thats true, or just a reason to sell the ca.r

1 - 20 of 26 Posts