8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I took her in to Burnsville Honda this morning for her very first oil change. She had 58XX miles. She clicked over to 10% this morning when I starter her up to take her to the dealer. I brought in Mobil1 for them to use. All in all, cost about $50 including the oil. Oil was $28 at Walmart because they were out of the 5qt jugs, so I had to buy individual bottles. About $23 at the dealer for labor.

I also mentioned the infamous and mysterious 3rd gear problem. They didn't try too hard to find it, which was fine with me. They checked my tranny fluid and said it looked good, and the level was fine. They did note it in my service record that I had complained about it. If Honda ever admits there is a problem, I should be all set.

They were going to give me a free wash, but I guess somebody backed into the car wash door, and they can't get it open.

They also said I needed a tire rotations, which I was a little suprised to hear, since she only has 58xx miles. They wanted over $30 to do that, so I said no thanks. Took her to Tom, and he hooked me up! Thanks alot Tom!

All in all, I was reasonably satisfied with my service experience there. Reasonably priced, didn't take too long, checked for recalls, and they did make some attempt to find my 3rd gear issue.

And I was VERY satisfied with my service experience at Discount Tire in EP. Tom, you are a great asset to our little online community.

That would have been our receptionist last Friday. During colder weather the door shuts automatically. Our wash is kind of weird where you can't drive all the way through but have to back up when done. She was on her cell phone and never looked in her mirror - BOOM! Glad you are happy - next time stop in parts and say hi.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.