8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took her in to Burnsville Honda this morning for her very first oil change. She had 58XX miles. She clicked over to 10% this morning when I starter her up to take her to the dealer. I brought in Mobil1 for them to use. All in all, cost about $50 including the oil. Oil was $28 at Walmart because they were out of the 5qt jugs, so I had to buy individual bottles. About $23 at the dealer for labor.

I also mentioned the infamous and mysterious 3rd gear problem. They didn't try too hard to find it, which was fine with me. They checked my tranny fluid and said it looked good, and the level was fine. They did note it in my service record that I had complained about it. If Honda ever admits there is a problem, I should be all set.

They were going to give me a free wash, but I guess somebody backed into the car wash door, and they can't get it open.

They also said I needed a tire rotations, which I was a little suprised to hear, since she only has 58xx miles. They wanted over $30 to do that, so I said no thanks. Took her to Tom, and he hooked me up! Thanks alot Tom!

All in all, I was reasonably satisfied with my service experience there. Reasonably priced, didn't take too long, checked for recalls, and they did make some attempt to find my 3rd gear issue.

And I was VERY satisfied with my service experience at Discount Tire in EP. Tom, you are a great asset to our little online community.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
everytime i visit my dealer my fg2 Si 07 they always give me free wash :thumb: next time i take my car to my dealer ship im going to mention my 3rd gear problem

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I took her in to Burnsville Honda this morning for her very first oil change. She had 58XX miles. She clicked over to 10% this morning when I starter her up to take her to the dealer. I brought in Mobil1 for them to use. All in all, cost about $50 including the oil. Oil was $28 at Walmart because they were out of the 5qt jugs, so I had to buy individual bottles. About $23 at the dealer for labor.

I also mentioned the infamous and mysterious 3rd gear problem. They didn't try too hard to find it, which was fine with me. They checked my tranny fluid and said it looked good, and the level was fine. They did note it in my service record that I had complained about it. If Honda ever admits there is a problem, I should be all set.

They were going to give me a free wash, but I guess somebody backed into the car wash door, and they can't get it open.

They also said I needed a tire rotations, which I was a little suprised to hear, since she only has 58xx miles. They wanted over $30 to do that, so I said no thanks. Took her to Tom, and he hooked me up! Thanks alot Tom!

All in all, I was reasonably satisfied with my service experience there. Reasonably priced, didn't take too long, checked for recalls, and they did make some attempt to find my 3rd gear issue.

And I was VERY satisfied with my service experience at Discount Tire in EP. Tom, you are a great asset to our little online community.

That would have been our receptionist last Friday. During colder weather the door shuts automatically. Our wash is kind of weird where you can't drive all the way through but have to back up when done. She was on her cell phone and never looked in her mirror - BOOM! Glad you are happy - next time stop in parts and say hi.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happened to Mike? I would have stopped in to say hello to him, but I've heard he's not there any more.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
That would have been our receptionist last Friday. During colder weather the door shuts automatically. Our wash is kind of weird where you can't drive all the way through but have to back up when done. She was on her cell phone and never looked in her mirror - BOOM! Glad you are happy - next time stop in parts and say hi.
Is your receptionist looking for another job? :laughing:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I went to my local dealer last weekend...I was at 4900 and am going out of town until the new year and wanted to get it done now.
I've always taken my chevy's to that dealer and it was 29.99 and a free wash.

Honda wanted 39.99 so it was 45 and they didn't wash cars there....yea right! =/

It was the closest one to me, but next time I will go to a bigger dealership with better pricing. They also wanted $30 to rotate tires...something I can do, but since it's already up I would expect them to maybe charge less.
Just wanted to rant and couldn't find an appropriate topic other than this.
YUP, I overpaid......then had to go to a carwash for $20 more and it rained the next day...sucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts