8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the meet today it was boring so anyways on my way home with my friend and i was going 45 which was the speed limit and out of no where i see this bike on the road and it hit my car there was also another car right next to me and there was no way i could get out of it so i ****** up my front bumper my fog light is ****** which costed me 450 for the dealership to install my radiator is bent in and my fan isnt working im so scared right now i dont know wut to tell my parents will my car be ok without the radiator?

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
Hahah. Sorry im not laughing at you. You need the radiator to cool the engine. Without it your car will run for a couple mintues before at the parts melt.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
A bicycle or motorcycle? once the car is warmed up, it keeps trying to get hotter. The radiator and fan keep the motor from overheating. If you never stop moving, like on the freeway, you will be OK. But once you stop at a light, the fan isnt working to cool off the engine. Get it fixed and do not drive it unless the place you are gonna take it to is close.

If the person who hit your car cannot pay for it, you will probably be better off getting your insurance company involved.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no some idiot left there bicycle in the middle of the road and i was driving home from the tuesday night meet and there was a car next to me too and no way i could of possibly turned out the way my fog light is ****** too and that costed 450 to install. i have to go to work and stuff im jsut worired i sure hope its jsut the radiator thats blockign the fan from working im so worried guys.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not till tormowmw its late now i havent even told my parents i tell u wut the damges are otehr then the front bumper and fog lights the radiator is bent on the right to the driver side and the fan isnt working.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i looked at the car so the dented in radiator blocked the left side of the fan from moving and i tried to spin the right one and it seems to be moving i think just one fan is working.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You should do the responsible thing. Tell your parents.

When I got in my first accident, I told my parents immediately. They payed $500 to fix the dents and it was sure as hell a lot better that I told them.

If you were going only 45 MPH, you could have just braked hard as hell and prevented your car from being messed up. Bikes don't just "come out of nowhere". Pay attention to the road ahead. Didn't your DMV book tell you to always scan the horizon and not what's closest to you?

You seem really immature, son.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know i was iressponsible but at night time its also hard to see i didnt see the bike till i got close and there was a car next to me on my right no way to turn out i shouldnt have went to that *** meet tonight i knew i had a bad feeling about going to it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
okay, so your thermostat turns your fan on when your engine reaches 213f, usual running temperatures are in the 180s. your fan turns on in such instances such as stop and go traffic and idling for example to cool the engine when there isnt airflow (driving)...

i would not let the car idle or sit through stop and go for fear of the fan turning on and possibly causing damage.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no way to get it dented out becuz the bottom piece of the grill is pierced though as i said it dented the radiator and now my fan isnt working.

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so i found out the problem the fan does work so i dont have to worry about driving my car around the things i need to get fixed are the condenser and the radiator otehr then the bumper as well

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
call insurance. bring your car to a shop. get a loaner.
if you have no idea what to do in this situation (broken fan/radiator), chances are you shouldnt be driving around.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts