8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somebody hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much will this cost to fix?!?!

That is the top of the bumper where it got scraped.

This is where it hit the trunk, those are two small dings underneath the scratches.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Shouldn't be more than $50-75, I'm not an expert but it doesn't look that big of a "damage".. Get it looked at by a Honda dealership or a local body shop and ask how much it would cost to fix it.

Try not to buy a new bumper cuz that is expensive.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
thinkinblue613 said:
Shouldn't be more than $50-75, I'm not an expert but it doesn't look that big of a "damage".. Get it looked at by a Honda dealership or a local body shop and ask how much it would cost to fix it.

Try not to buy a new bumper cuz that is expensive.

Good luck!
I love it when someone guesses about something on this forum.

I came up with about 714.00. (-+) this is if the damage is into the bumper and deck lid.
If you want a copy of this estimate, PM me.

I am an expert.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping with about $300 or so the problem is that they are small dents in the trunk lid which they would have to sand, fill and paint. I guess 700 is probably not a bad guess.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
vicfalc09 said:
I was hoping with about $300 or so the problem is that they are small dents in the trunk lid which they would have to sand, fill and paint. I guess 700 is probably not a bad guess.
lmao, if you pay $700 to fix that your nuts! Might wanna bring some lube with you cuz youre getting f*cked hardcore! Shop around man, im not saying it'll be $50 or whatever that one guy said, but anymore than $300 is a rip off. I've had far worse damage than that before and have never paid anywhere near $700.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
vicfalc09 said:
This is with one hour of repair time on the bumper and decklid.
The shop could want a little more repair time (hard to tell from pictures), and time for removing and re-installing parts like the key lock cylinder and so forth.

If you drag your nail across the scratch and your nail stops in the scratch, it needs to be refinished.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My nail doesnt stop on the lower scratch but i think the problem is that there are little dents underneath each spot, i took the trunk lining off the inside of the trunk and can feel the dent on the top but not the dent behind the scratch.

As for the bumper the top layer of paint is totally scratched off, it would have to be sanded and repainted.

·
Registered
334 Posts
raycl said:
I love it when someone guesses about something on this forum.

I came up with about 714.00. (-+) this is if the damage is into the bumper and deck lid.
If you want a copy of this estimate, PM me.

I am an expert.
Well, I did state I'm not an expert. :box:

That's a lot of money cuz from what I saw it doesn't look too expensive to fix.... I guess I was wrong.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
your first picture look slike it MIGHT buff out...cant really tell if it is a scratch, or paint from the other guys car.

as for the scratch and dings on the trunk, i cant even tell by the reflection that there are and dings...they cant be too bad. if it was me and it would cost 700 to repair that, i would just buff it to the best i can and leave it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
$700ish for sure...

Part of the trunk lid will get repainted, and the back bumper will be repainted as well.

So is it the other party's fault? Is their insurance company paying for the repair?

My Si just got backed up into by somebody last weekend. It's the other party's fault, so their insurance company is paying for the repair. The damage to my car was back bumper scrapes, and a little alignment problem with trunk lid and left panel. The adjuster quoted me $500, but the shop said it will cost a bit more. So...

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
vicfalc09 said:

That is the top of the bumper where it got scraped.

This is where it hit the trunk, those are two small dings underneath the scratches.

To properly fix that.

about 1200 dollars.

New rear bumper. repaint bumper. repaint trunk/spoiler & blend
+ labor & flex additives = 1kish

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
yeah 50-75 is not even close. Any place that does the work will prolly take the bumper off and charge for all the labor required and then, taping it off, mixing the paint, applying paint, waiting to dry. I have a small dent and paint chip on my passenger rear quarter panel and the estimate is 531.31.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts