8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a minute? Here's a story about my current frustration

Since it was pointed out that the link I originally posted required my username and login, I'm going to post the entire thing here. It's one helluva saga and I'm only posting it because I don't want someone else to fall into the same pitholes I fell into by trying to be a reasonable person. So if you have a minute, here goes:

First, you need to know something. I originally wanted to wait for a new car, however, I no longer have the luxury of waiting. My Legend is dying and I needed a car ASAP. I thought I had more time, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back occured about 2 months ago. I was on a road trip back to Maryland for the weekend and I'd gotten about 2 hours into my journey and the car started shaking and pulling really hard to the left. I thought it may've been because the car hadn't been run for about 5-6 weeks and the temps have been below -0 some nights, so maybe everything just needed to be warmed up a bit. Not so. I ended up turning around and heading back home, car shaking and pulling left the entire time. I finally get home a few hours later and as I'm pulling in the yard (I live on a main drag, so it was a relatively hard turn into my driveway), and I hear a breaking sound and the car starts rolling backwards. I tried putting it in gear again (auto) and the car rev'd and clanked and clanked harder before I put it in park. I get out and there's a ball bearing to the side of my car. My left CV axle snapped in half.

My car was in the shop for 2 or 3 weeks, waiting for a part to arrive. My brakes got fixed and I was good to go. The VERY NEXT DAY, I go to turn on my car. I always turn the defroster on while the car warms up. Well, that particular day, my car decided to have another problem. I turn the defroster on and watch the bottom of my windshield literally split all the way across. :( This is just not my year....

So now that you know that, I can begin with the rest of my story. Your patience is much appreciated because this gets pretty long.

02-26-2006, 06:06 PM
So, I've got a problem. I originally had a deposit down on an Si back in August but when the dealer got the car, they turned around and sold it to someone else. So now, I've been working with another dealer. I've had a deposit down on a GG Si for about a month that was supposed to come in last week. The original plan was for me to put the deposit on the GG, and the dealer would search another dealer for a Fiji to trade the GG for, for me (I originally wanted Fiji). Something was bugging me about that deal however. I was on TOV two weekends ago and one of the salesmen from the dealership had posted a thread that he had a GG Si coming in that was available.I knew as soon as I read the title of the thread this was mine and it turns out this was the same one I supposedly had a deposit on. The salesman is NOT the same one I was working with, but his reasoning was because they can't just sit on a car while they're looking for one for me, because the car is so hot right now. But the entire time I'm thinking, "if you don't have a GG to trade for the Fiji, how are you going to get me a Fiji?" The only conclusion I can think of is, he was going to sell it and put me on a list for a Fiji being built. Problem is, they don't even have a build date nor any incoming information on when a Fiji would be built and were probably not going to notify me of this. So I'm pissed. What stings even more, is I drove my girlfriend to the airport last week, the day after the dealership was supposed to have gotten the GG. I stopped by the dealership (3 am), however, I didn't see it there. No big deal, maybe it hadn't come in yet. Well, I've gone almost everyday after they close and no Si. (my job hours are really strange, so timing as been the biggest issue because I don't have anyone else but my gf that can help me pick the car up). So I'm thinking "ok, maybe it's in the back." Nope. Nothing in the back. They've got two in the showroom and neither are mine. I could say maybe it's somewhere inside the dealership, maybe in a rear room, but it's a really tiny dealership and doesn't have the room to store a car inside, besides the showroom. Plus all their other cars are out back.

As you can imagine, frustration has set in. My biggest thing is customer service. If someone had just called me and let me know what was going on, I could said, "ok, cool, no problem, I'll just wait a little longer". However, my patience with dealers has just about run it's course and my faith in the sales system is dwindling. I'm annoyed that I've had to go through this 3 or four times over a period of two or three months (had problems with two other dealerships). My girlfriend called a friend of hers who dates one of the guys at another dealership a few hours south of me, and he told me that I should've just come to him. They've gotten 2 GG's, 2 Fiji's and 1 Habanero and they've all sat there for at least a month and a half each before being picked up by buyers OUTSIDE of the state. So I'm going with him. He only needs $100 and a name for the deposit and he thinks he can get me 0 down financing and a lower rate than the bank I'm going through. So hopefully it's true that good things come to those who wait.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update #1: 02-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Soooooo, I had a lady friend call my dealership and ask them if they had any Galaxy Grey Si's specifically, that she could come and take a look at. Didn't matter if they were sold, she just wanted to see it in person. One of the fine salesmen, Mark, said they didn't have any at all, at least not for a few more weeks. So, either he just said that because he didn't want her to come look at my car, or they sold the car, or my salesman just flat out lied. I'm willing to bet on a combination of the latter two. My new salesman (Chuck, from the other dealer in Rutland) called and left a message for me but he's at lunch. I think I'll be going with Chuck. I've been going into the Automaster every month since August about info for the Si. Not only that, but my girlfriend has bought 2 or 3 cars from them in the past, all of which were only serviced through them, and this is what we have to deal with. Unbelievable, man.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update #2:02-27-2006, 05:55 PM

I think my girlfriend was more upset than I was, so she called from work and left a message for Brad (my former salesman). Brad called me back at my number. I didn't even bother to pick up the phone, I just let it go to voicemail. He sounded as if his tail was between his legs and he was VERY VERY low in volume. I had to smile. Anyway, Chuck calls me back and he says he's got 3 coming in. What's really annoying is that if Automaster really wanted to find me a blue, they would've got it from Chuck's dealership, just 2 hours south, which leads me to believe they weren't trying all that hard and they really wanted to sell the GG. But whatever. Chuck's says the GG he thinks, already has someone's name on it, but he's got to talk to the other salesman working with that customer tomorrow; it was the guy's day off. Not a big deal if I don't get GG. He says he knows for sure one of the other colors coming in is going to be Fiji. He's unsure on the other color but told me he believes it's a Habanero. And if it's not a Habanero it's absolutely going to be NBP. If it's not Habanero, I'll take the NBP. If it's Habanero, I'll take the Habanero. I just realized how many people have Fiji Blue and even though blue's my favorite color and Fiji, IMHO, is one of the better looking colors for the car, I don't think I want it anymore. I want something unique and honestly, there's nothing like the Habanero on the road right now, regardless of manufacturer.
Update #3: 03-01-2006 11:32 AM
Chuck called yesterday and said the GG Si is in fact spoken for, but it's still unclear as to whether that will go through. Right now, it doesn't look good for the person, but he mentioned that he's still unsure which color will come in first between the Habanero and NBP. So he let me put my name on them both. Hehe...I'll probably take the first of which ever comes in, which should be the middle of this month (March). I won't be truly happy until that car is in my driveway though.
Update #4: 03-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I straightened out the misunderstanding with my salesmen. Some information got crossed when it was relayed from my girl to me, so next time, I'll make it a priority to ask all questions instead of having my girl, who's got more time than me to do this stuff, relay things to me. Not saying the Automaster was bad at all, but my particular transaction wasn't going so well, to no fault of my salesman. Dang, women...

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update #5: 03-14-2006 06:15 AM

This is the car.

It has my name on it and it has money down on it. This vehicle has been sitting at the dealership for a few weeks now, waiting for me to pick it up. So why haven't I picked it up? Well, if you guys have followed this thread, you'll know that I originally wanted to swap this GG for a Fiji Blue. My salesman was looking for a Fiji at another dealer for me. Or so I thought...

I went to my dealership a few weeks ago to do my initial paperwork. I put another $500 down and we left the dealership. While I was there, my salesmen brought the car around and I noticed how much I liked the GG. It really sucked having to leave her there but my bank hadn't finished my loan paperwork, so I didn't have much choice. My salesman was pretty upset with me, saying one of the guys saw me on the forum saying I was working with another dealer. Obviously, if you've read this thread, you know that allegation is true. I don't really care. I pledge no allegiance to any dealership. But what hurts me the most is that, I've been going into that same dealership since August talking with the same salesman about the Si. I was pretty excited because my girl had nothing but praise for this dealership. I figured I was in good hands, right?

So while he was talking to me, I mentioned to him, that I had no clue what was going on. Nobody called to tell me anything or update me about the search for the Fiji. I called it a simple misunderstanding and misinterpretation of information, mostly on my girl's part. He asked me to erase a message he left on my home answering machine, saying it wasn't REALLY bad, he just didn't understand what was going on. Guess that made two of us. I erased the message without listening. I only did it because he asked me to do so and I like to be honorable regarding other's requests. So, I was laying in bed talking to my girl last night and she asked me if I REALLY wanted the GG. I took her to HIN: Boston last year and she's been really supportive about my modifying. She's really into it, saying she wants to put a show car together (which will be the Si sedan she really really wants). I'd showed her a few pics of some modified Si's. Nothing special, just the usual wheels, carbon hood/trunks, intake, etc. She told me Chuck (the alleged "other dealer" ) called and asked if he got the GG. He already knew my concerns so he was just calling as any good salesman should. Listening to her, I just figured she was thinking about whether or not she'd like the GG after it's modified.

She rolled over and said very flatly "I have a bad feeling about the Galaxy Gray". I presumed she meant the car, but she really meant the dealership. She then recalled something she heard the day I signed the initial paperwork. When we first walked into the dealership, there was another guy there talking to someone about the Si. She said when my salesman and I were talking, she overheard the other salesman tell the guy,

Quote:
yeah, we've got a couple other dealerships we can swap with...

...but we haven't even been looking for any other Si's...

I really really really really really really really hate being lied to...

So today, I'll be calling Chuck from the other dealership back. I'll also be telling him to please put my name on either the Nighthawk Black Pearl or the Habanero Si he has coming in at the end of this month. I'll be asking him to have foglights and all-weather mats ready for me and I'll be seeing about having them install a Lo-Jac system. And this will be my termination of any sort of relationship with my dealership.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And that's my story...I'll have another update, hopefully this evening. Thanks for your patience and may you have a blessed day.

~~Tee'

·
Banned
308 Posts
ya some dealerships are shitty.. i work at a legitamite one.. but some of the dealers we work with when we do exchanges are REALLY shady

·
Banned
93 Posts
ebay can help you out, or ask them to do an outta state transfer, will cost you around 500 bux but if you want the car fast best way to do it.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No need. I've found another dealer. Chuck is the guy I'm working with now. He's selling me $400 under MSRP. He's trying to find out about a Lo-Jac for me because he said it's not often requested. I don't expect to need it in this state, but I do travel to Montreal and back home to Maryland and I do know people that could've used it. Just a precaution. I may have one of the other companies install it for me. Anyway, I'm not ready to give up on my search. Now I just have to figure out what color I want:

NBP or Habanero. Everybody keeps telling me NBP, which is what I was gonna do anyway. But the Habby is calling my name :D...lol

At least I'm in good spirits. It could be worse.

·
Registered
518 Posts
my first question is what kinda dealership doesnt know about getting a low jack?
My first response would be not a high selling dealership?
My second question would be to u.
If you want a Si well under msrp like 1000 off?
Would you be willing to come back to MA?
I can get you one
i got a si for 1200 off msrp
i got lo jack, and a dealer installled navi/tv/dvd player(because they couldnt get stock navi)
So i think you really just need to shop around.
If you are interested in MA
Call Honda North
They are in Danvers MA
i got a hell of a deal considering what other places charge
and the way they got me the navi at the same price as the stock navi was huge.
Plus they removed all my aftermarket parts from my accord, and boxed them up for me free of charge
Now thats a good dealer with good customer service!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Holy freaking crap skittles...i can't believe that you have gone through all of this mess to get an SI!!! I know what you are saying about the haby though, mine should be coming in on the 27th of March...sorry that you have had such a bad experience..

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Skittle, I've been following you through this saga for a while now. My heart goes out to you bro. You and your girl. You should call up one of those reality shows and have them pay for a customized tricked out Si especially for you. Or something like that.
Anyway, good luck man. Keep me (us) updated.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DeezSi06 said:
my first question is what kinda dealership doesnt know about getting a low jack?
My first response would be not a high selling dealership?
My second question would be to u.
If you want a Si well under msrp like 1000 off?
Would you be willing to come back to MA?
I can get you one
i got a si for 1200 off msrp
i got lo jack, and a dealer installled navi/tv/dvd player(because they couldnt get stock navi)
So i think you really just need to shop around.
If you are interested in MA
Call Honda North
They are in Danvers MA
i got a hell of a deal considering what other places charge
and the way they got me the navi at the same price as the stock navi was huge.
Plus they removed all my aftermarket parts from my accord, and boxed them up for me free of charge
Now thats a good dealer with good customer service!!
Dude, I wish I'd seen this thread a few days ago. I forgot about it after the merge. Dang, I wish it was still available.

All_bets_off said:
Holy freaking crap skittles...i can't believe that you have gone through all of this mess to get an SI!!! I know what you are saying about the haby though, mine should be coming in on the 27th of March...sorry that you have had such a bad experience..
Did you get your car? I think I remember seeing your thread, but I'm not sure.

CameronJr9 said:
Skittle, I've been following you through this saga for a while now. My heart goes out to you bro. You and your girl. You should call up one of those reality shows and have them pay for a customized tricked out Si especially for you. Or something like that.
Anyway, good luck man. Keep me (us) updated.
Thanks for the love, man. It's been a really patience-wearing time what with the car breaking down and all. I'm gonna call my dealer tomorrow to see if there's any news. He's looked at the delivery schedule but something happened with a mix-up and my delivery time got pushed back.

CameronJr9 said:
P.S. You're a post whore!
Yes, but the fine folks here seem to love me for it, so :p. Take that Mr. Moderator. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts